Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me decide on a HMR???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

but you can afford 1 expensive scope rather than 2 shi*e ones.

Care to suggest a good quality scope to suit both .22lr & .17HMR? could i get away with fixed mag or is it better to have variable for different barrels. I imagine there's little change in POI with .22 zeroed @ 50yds & .17 zeroed @ 100(< 1" maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

lefthooker wrote: »
    Care to suggest a good quality scope to suit both .22lr & .17HMR? could i get away with fixed mag or is it better to have variable for different barrels. I imagine there's little change in POI with .22 zeroed @ 50yds & .17 zeroed @ 100(< 1" maybe)

If you going with the quad and you plan on getting a second barrel you are better off going the road of the quad scope designed specially for the gun and the changing of barrels. No need for re zeoing just click the scope to match what barrel you have on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

That Quad scope didnt get grat reviews tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

You could always buy the cz 452 varmit and then order a boyds tacticool stock for it.
    This is the same stock as the one on the savage tr that you were after.
    I just got one from them and find it great.
    145 dollars delivered to my door. great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

The cz 455 17hmr th are in stock at the moment in some shops over here at the moment ,Had one in my hand today and the stock felt pretty good ;)Bolt looks totally different from the 452 but by all accords they shoot dam good.

• Advertisement

murph226 wrote: »
    That Quad scope didnt get grat reviews tbh!

I had a look at some of the reviews & i don't think i'll be getting 1 of them. Thinking along the lines of bushnell elite 10x40. Some great reviews for the lads in the states using them on .308

zeissman wrote: »
    You could always buy the cz 452 varmit and then order a boyds tacticool stock for it.

How does the stock feel in the hand? What colour did ya get? Any work to be done to get the action to fit?

Stick shooter; 455 TH sure looks good alright but its the 1 setup i really couldn't get on with:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

zeissman wrote: »

Pics please!

The stock feels great although it does make the rifle a bit heavier.
    I mainly use the rifle for practicing with and it is great to use from a bench or on the ground with a bipod.
    My rifle is the 453 varmit model so I did have to get a bit of inletting for the trigger.
    The stocks are made for the 452 models so should go straight on without any fitting.
    I dont know how to post pics but there are some photos on the web if you do a search.

Did Boyds have any in stock when you ordered or did you have to place a back order & was there much of a wait? been looking on their site & they seem to be temporarily out of stock for most models

• Advertisement

lefthooker wrote: »
    Did Boyds have any in stock when you ordered or did you have to place a back order & was there much of a wait? been looking on their site & they seem to be temporarily out of stock for most models

They had them in stock when I ordered so I had it inside a week.
    I got the black one.
    They are very well finished and my rifle seems to be shooting beter since I put it on.

Advertisement