Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My son might be asked to leave school

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

It seems to me that you have the ADHD under control with the medication. What is left seems to be attention seeking behaviour, trying to be Mr. Popular etc. I think your son could do with some sort of an adult mentor in the school. In my honest opinion, there is too much punishment going on and not enough positive encouragement. I know, because my child is in a similar position, that we get the best from him with encouragement and reward and punishment really makes him rebel even further.

How street savvy is your son? The reason I ask is because mine isn't at all street savvy and just doesn't see it when people are laughing AT him rather than WITH him etc. It took a few goes to explain to him that this was not positive, good attention. Hope this helps

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 CarinaKate

Where do you live? I found a good school in Dublin 9 for my son..similar problems. He has SNA & resource, teachers v good & supportive. Have you thought of moving school? especially as he's so young. My son started in this school without ANY of old primary friends & is v happy there. i can give you name of school if you're interested? Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread is over two years old, please do not bump up old threads. OP has most likely found a solution by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement