Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade street lady

• 24-02-2011 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ah phantom, Vogue from fade street! Whats next? Jedward?. WTF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Stinks of a publicity stunt. It also helps that Baveria are giving them a bucket of money by sponsoring her show.

It's sad that they would hire someone more suited to Spin instead of the many young talented radio folk out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thought this was a rumour, but seems to actually be true:

http://www.hotpress.com/Phantom%20105.2/news/Phantom-1052-shake-up-weekend-show-lineup/7534799.html
    Phantom 105.2 have announced details of their revamped 'Phantom Anthems' show, which will be hosted by Fade Street star Vogue Wilson and Neosupervital frontman Tim O'Donovan on Friday and Saturday nights from 7-11pm.

The choice of the reality star may seem a strange one but Wilson is a DJ in her own right in several venues around Dublin and may attract a slighly more mainstream audience to the station who were down on listenership in last week's JNLR figures.

there's lots of DJs in dublin venues, many a lot more capable and more in line musically with Phantom than 'Vogue'.
    not that being a DJ qualifies anyone to host a radio show.

as for the JNLR figures, maybe Phantom should realise that it's moves like this that are constantly alienating the audience they built up over the last 10+ years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Seriously have any of ye listened to the show?

I don't watch reality tv, but what i do know is Tim O D, (Neosupervital) knows his music.

I'll listen in and see what it's like at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I don't doubt for a second that "Tim O D, (Neosupervital) knows his music" but surly that begs the question, why do they need Vogue there?

She has her talents to be sure but her voice or radio experience is hardly one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I listened to this on Friday instead of powerhouse.

Fair enough radio was getting a bit dad-rock heavy with powerhouse, nova, and 80's on today FM.

But whoever thought playing Europop Disco remix versions of Wolfmother's "woman" was a good idea is beyond me. Utterly beyond me.

The whole show is something cobbled from Spin 1038. It's utterly utterly awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Ya know, I used to really enjoy Phantom Anthems, but the new show is pure pants. I can't listen to it, I keep checking that I'm on the right frequency, it's muck.

The thing that gets me is that where they are trying to position themselves is crowded.

I think they should go more indie. I think other stations changed their playlists when Phantom arrived and if Phantom stayed true, and looked outside the angst teen market and played good music, they would have enough listeners to keep them going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolute jokeshop, Phantom is dying on its arse and this is the solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

I can't listen to it, I keep checking that I'm on the right frequency, it's muck.

I have to agree here. It's a damn shame because I've noticed myself in the car checking more and more if I'm on the right station because of they mainstream stuff they've started playing.

If people want mainstream ****e, they know where to get it. People were listening to phantom because they had something different. But it's slowly turning day by day.

Advertisement