Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautician - Nails not done properly

Options
  • 24-02-2011 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Last Saturday I had the shellac nails done at a salon in my home town.

According to two different staff members at this salon (manager and beautician) both informed me that the nail last for 14 days with no chipping/coming off.

When I got home first

Since then, 6 nails have come off so I phoned the salon and have an appointment to see the beautician tomorrow afternoon, now, the person I spoke to on the phone said the beautician will take a look at them and will decide what to do.

When I came home from the salon I noticed two of the nails were chipped at the tip, I thought it was my own fault so didn't think anything more of it until other nails starting coming off, that's when I thought maybe the beautician/salon didn't do them properly.

Can anyone inform me as to where I stand, should the salon/beautician refund me or re-do the nails that came off? Also, should I have to pay the beautician/salon for fixing something that shouldn't have happened?

To be honest, I'd rather not have them re-done, I'd just prefer a refund, or even a voucher for the salon to be used for a hair cut or something.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You shouldn't have to pay a penny. They did a defective job and they must make reparations somehow.

The law allows for one of the 3 Rs to be offered - Repair, replacement or refund. The retailer can offer one, but it must be reasonable and agreeable to you. You're not automatically entitled to demand one option over another - but you and the retailer should be able to come to an agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

dudara wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to pay a penny. They did a defective job and they must make reparations somehow.

The law allows for one of the 3 Rs to be offered - Repair, replacement or refund. The retailer can offer one, but it must be reasonable and agreeable to you. You're not automatically entitled to demand one option over another - but you and the retailer should be able to come to an agreement.
    Thanks Dudara, we agreed for the nails to be re-done.

Before and after the nails were re-done today, the manager informed me the shellac nails done suit everyone's nails so if the re-done nails come off, it means the shellac nails don't suit me, I wasn't told this when I had them done last Saturday.

Thankfully it is all sorted now, so we'll see how these nails go, so far so good. :)

Thank you for your reply and advice, I appreciate it.

Advertisement