Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only in Ireland

• 24-02-2011 2:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭

It doesnt matter what age or condition the car is in a daysul is always worth double the price of the equilvant petrol good value for money considering your only save 2.99 a week

Throwing stone into a wet pothole

driving with the rear fog on 365 days a year

When its snows I need to buy a 4x4

Is it a car or is it a motorbike ?

not Indicating properly on roundabouts

not indicating properly at all

Walking down country roads two abreast taking up half the road

lacking basic car upkeep

Its a fast lane

Sitting out in the "fast lane" at 100 kph

TDI= rocketship

lacking consideration for other road users

not knowing how to park properly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

NONE of these apply to me, wahey!

except maybe the parking badly bit, im a bit of an arsehole when it comes to parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

seen so so many threads about this recently. i will say it again.

people who worry about people not indicating properly on roundabouts need to go out and get themselves a real problem!

if thats the only thing in your day that pisses you off, then you got off lightly.

i also reckon people need to stop Ireland bashing, people are just as bad at indicating, parking, and being courteous in most of the rest of the developed world.

i also think its quite logical to have a 4x4 for the snow. i wouldn't rush out and buy one at the falling of the first flake, but i would put it into consideration the next time i buy :) and personally i've seen a minimal amount of rear fogs in the last year, its far from an epidemic and even when i do see one, like the indicators i wont let it spoil my day ;).

i agree with your car maintenance rant though, we suck balls at that, change the oil when the light comes on and keep on driving.

i also know you probably wrote that in good humour and not seriousness, so i apologies, i just fell like ranting back :P carry on folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

agree with most said to add but a few..

mad oul1 drivers who feel the need to stop dead when turning right off a main road despite all roads being clear.

middle lane day dreaming drivers, f uckers!

lack of lighting.

using your highbeams when behind me.

people not adjusting their lights height to match passenger load. it's a f**king knob beside steering wheel, you knobheads!

rabble rabble rabble
    :pac:
    ah I think I can sleep now. thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

congo_90 wrote: »
    people not adjusting their lights height to match passenger load. it's a f**king knob beside steering wheel, you knobheads!

Is it just me that leaves that switch on 0 or 1 when I buy a car and never touch it again ? Often said to myself what a useless piece of kit to have on any car and ony "knobheads" must use it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

TDI= rocketship :pac:

Neighbour of mine has an Audi diesel fitted with a dump Valve......WTF, she drives up and down thr road revving and revving it. Sounds all wrong.

Super awesome road warriors!

That and tailgating. Rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Funfair wrote: »
    Is it just me that leaves that switch on 0 or 1 when I buy a car and never touch it again ? Often said to myself what a useless piece of kit to have on any car and ony "knobheads" must use it...

Yes, it's just you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

Funfair wrote: »

Unless you are carrying a family of elephants in the back seat I'd say it hardly matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭johnthemull

Amen Conor
    You got most of them there. You forgot IBS......Inexplicable Braking Syndrome...A pecularly Irish phenomenon characterised by sudden inexplicable use of the brakes particulary on dual carriageways and motorways. Sufferers are often seen braking suddenly in the overtaking lane with no apparent impediment to progress ahead of them. In severe cases there can be several hundred yards of clear road ahead of them.
    Help me Rhonda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

You left the self righteous know it all, not as common on the road as they are on the boards lol ;)

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement