Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of toaster do you have?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 5:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is a Breville TT15.
    It beeps five times before it pops which is pretty headwrecking and it always needs to be put down again anyway for another minute or so.

I inherited it as it was here when I moved in.
    In an ideal world I'd buy a toaster of unimaginable destructive powers, like this one which has 34 slots.

What kind of toaster do you have? 129 votes

I also have a Breville TT15, we are toaster buddies.
    0%
    2 slice toaster.
    0%
    Jesus Wept 1 vote
    4 slice toaster.
    57%
    Docthe_sycoSwampyDiddy Kongkelleseanybikerenda1Ciaran500R0otchillywillyJosephDravokivichKnifeWRENCHc - 13MadPatrickSam VimesbikoParsleysdanseoplonk 74 votes
    6 slice toaster.
    30%
    ReconbanquoLumenziedth_feedback_Fajitas!RedXIVcgordonfreemanOPENROADMahatma coatXivilaiWindSockmoonflowerKriegQueen-Miseadamski8glossyRedliondougal-maguireweiland79 39 votes
    8 slice toaster.
    0%
    10 slice toaster.
    0%
    ardinn 1 vote
    12 slice toaster.
    0%
    Agonist 1 vote
    I'm clearly lying at this stage.
    3%
    stovelidphasersVictor_MWoollyRedHatYurt 5 votes
    I'll take a piece of plain white bread, thank you, with a glass of water on the side for dipping.
    6%
    KorvanicaThe Gnome[Deleted User]Nothingbetter2dCheeky_galSomeFoolWashington IrvingColilfc 8 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

one that toasts bread

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

2 slice toaster.
    What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I'll take a piece of plain white bread, thank you, with a glass of water on the side for dipping.
    I have one but I'm afraid of it's magic powers so I use the grill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Links234 wrote: »
    one that toasts bread
    First reply to an AH thread with a hilarious* joke, what a great concept!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

2 sluts for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭lemonjelly

My two slice toaster was the business until she broke down on me. Now i use the grill have to get a new one soon.

just checked argos are doing a nice one's for 5.95

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4219608/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780844%7CToasters%7C14418671.htm

2 slice toaster.
    lemonjelly wrote: »
    My two slice toaster was the business until she broke down on me. Now i use the grill have to get a new one soon

I feel your pain. I had a two slice toaster that served me for many years but the spring mechanism broke, I tried to repair it as it was as close to kin but it was not to be.

Price is right. I thought the one I had bought was great value at 9.99 in Dunnes.
    This was the heady days of the celtic tiger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

This kind...

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I had a two slice toaster that served me for many years but the spring mechanism broke, I tried to repair it as it was as close to kin but it was not to be.

Read the link above. It reminds me of my old toaster...oh the times we had :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

4 slice toaster.
    Toast is almost as good as spuds.

• Advertisement

wouldn't it be class to have a toaster with an electric can opener on the side built in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

wouldn't it be class to have a toaster with an electric can opener on the side built in

with a wee pot for heating the beans on the other side :)

2 slice toaster.
    There is a toaster radio and ones that cook eggs with your toast.

wow, checkout these, a notepad toaster...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

4 slice toaster.
    If you have them toaster pockets, you can put frozen waffles in them and toast them in a toaster. It takes two go's on my toaster, but it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

none, not really a toast eater. if I have visitors who want toast I do it under the grill for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I don't have a toaster. I do however have a kitchen and a woman..

neither apply though as I don't eat toast

congo_90 wrote: »
    I don't have a toaster. I do however have a kitchen and a woman..

neither apply though as I don't eat toast

Oh I forgot. I dont have a toaster anymore because my woman does everything for me too. cop on man:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

4 slice toaster.
    Why do toasters have a burn setting on them. Bloody head wrecking.

you must have had the setting to max 6. To make the perfectly toasty sambo you only need it to 3 so its not too crispy but yet yet not too bready

2 slice toaster.
    ardinn
    and
    Agonist

post pictures of these 8 and 10 slice toasters of yours plz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

4 slice toaster.
    What I'd like is a toaster which had a light sensor which could tell when the toast is ready (or 3 levels maybe, just under done for the wusses, just right for the normals and just over for the boggers).

I hate that the toast time changes depending on the freshness of the bread, the thickness of the bread, the type of bread etc. So a setting of 3 which is perfect for one condition of bread, burns another or just barely tans a third. Infuriating.

Smart toasters, its your time to shine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

4 slice toaster.
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    In an ideal world I'd buy a toaster of unimaginable destructive powers, like this one which has 34 slots.

Ewww some of the toast is still raw in that picture...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

4 slice toaster.
    Wanted a 4 slice one but the ex insisted on the crappy 2 slicer.

Biggest regret of that relationship :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

4 slice toaster.
    My two slice toaster was the business until she broke down on me. Now i use the grill have to get a new one soon.

just checked argos are doing a nice one's for 5.95

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4219608/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780844%7CToasters%7C14418671.htm

Our kettle broke over Christmas & being sick of forking out €30+ for kettles that continuously break down, I got one of the Argos range kettles for around €6. It looks grand & works perfectly fine. There's not much science involved in boiling water.

However, the same can not be said about toasting bread. There isn't much more science to that, but there is more of an art to getting a nicely toasted piece of bread than there is to boiling water.

I know this, because when the toaster broke last month, I got one of the Argos range toasters thinking it would be as good as the kettle.

Oh, how wrong was I - they are brutal. Grand, if you want one side of your toast done but not the other. Grand if you like putting in 2 slices & having one toasted twice as much as the other. Grand if you only want the bottom 2 thirds of your bread toasted. Grand if allow for the fact that if you are going for a second round of toast, you keep in mind that as the elements have already been heated up, you have to adjust the timer down to stop your bread from being incinerated. Etc Etc.

Do yourself a big favour & spend a few quid extra on a decent toaster, or just use the grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

4 slice toaster.
    Just your standard, run of the mill 2 slicer.

I was always jealous of my cousin's with their superior 6 slicer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

4 slice toaster.
    Two slice toaster, only used 2 or 3 times a year.

Might start to use it a bit more as winter starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

One that sets off the fire alarm :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

4 slice toaster.
    This one :)

edit:erm i got distracted and i voted wrong i clicked 2 when i meant to click 4 :o

Ha! it's actually a link to a toaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

6 slice toaster.
    Have one of these 4 slicers. Previously had the cheapest one available in tesco and it only lasted a few months.

God, I love toast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

4 slice toaster.
    I've got a €6 Tesco piece of crap toaster. Still on the lookout for the "one".

Advertisement