Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of toaster do you have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

2 slice toaster.
    Wanted a 4 slice one but the ex insisted on the crappy 2 slicer.

Biggest regret of that relationship :D

Well I hope that is why the relationship ended.
    This one :)

edit:erm i got distracted and i voted wrong i clicked 2 when i meant to click 4 :o

Ha! it's actually a link to a toaster!

You are stuck with us 2 slice toaster plebs now.
    Swampy wrote: »
    I've got a €6 Tesco piece of crap toaster. Still on the lookout for the "one".

You'll know it when you see her it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

One with four slots. It has a number of little red lights in the middle, I think four lights and they decrease to 3 2 1 etc while it's toasting, so you know when it's almost done

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

4 slice toaster.
    seanybiker wrote: »
    Why do toasters have a burn setting on them. Bloody head wrecking.

For well done steak and chops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

seanybiker wrote: »
    Why do toasters have a burn setting on them. Bloody head wrecking.

perfect for waffles from frozen

• Advertisement

2 slice toaster.
    colm_mcm wrote: »

This is madness, why would anyone want an odd number of slices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

A purple one but it keeps bringing me to strange and unknown places... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U52VT_TT-sQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

6 slice toaster.
    Standard 4 slice toaster, 30 euro as i recall.

What I really want is one of these -
    http://www.topnews.in/files/glasstoaster.jpg

It only does one slice but I could buy 4 of them!
    Being able to see exactly how well cooked the bread is an absolute necessity for me. The dial's sometimes play tricks with you, you think 5 is the perfect setting, but then one day it breaks your heart by slightly over cooking or under cooking the bread, ruining your day. Or maybe ill look into a toaster that takes into account the current environmental factors such ambient temperature and perhaps background radiation plays a factor in the cooking of bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I've read the word 'toast' so many times in this thread that it's lost all meaning.

"Yeah......put the raw bread in to the upright-slotty-cooky-thingy beside the kettle please."

• Advertisement

2 slice toaster.
    You could time travel in that yoke.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I hate my f*cking toaster, it has a default setting of 3 which is never enough to toast a slice of bread (dont get me started on batch). So every goddam time i use the toaster I have to start pressing buttons and configure the thing. It's an additional 3-7 second second delay in the toast preperation process depending on the required configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

6 slice toaster.
    Dualit 4-slice. Ten years together and not a wrinkle on her.

Sometimes I wish I had one of those catering ones with a conveyor belt so I could have an eating vs toasting race.

I'll take a piece of plain white bread, thank you, with a glass of water on the side for dipping.

A sheet of asbestos hung on the wall and a blow torch!
    The asbestos has a couple of nails on it, stick the bread onto the nails and fire up the blow torch, instant toast
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

4 slice toaster.
    Lumen wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish I had one of those catering ones with a conveyor belt so I could have an eating vs toasting race.

This is my dream realised in words. It'd be like homer in hell with the doughnuts, only with toast, and me at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

4 slice toaster.
    I have a two slice toaster. It's terrible. Sometimes I wonder what's the point in living...

In the last house we had a 2 slice toaster that had a metal stand on top so when your two slices were done you put them up on it while your other two slices are toasting away to keep them warm. It was the BEST year of my life.

I could use the grill, but fúck that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

I know they say it's all about the journey but when it comes to toast I'm more a destination kind of girl. That and melty butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

4 slice toaster.
    HoneyRyder wrote: »
    I know they say it's all about the journey but when it comes to toast I'm more a destination kind of girl. That and melty butter.

A lot of toasters "guarantee" you Barbados, but deliver Bray in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I don't have a toaster i have always used the grill,i think the toast out of the grill is nicer it takes longer but its worth it,and you cant fit a blaa in a toaster :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

4 slice toaster.
    We have the cheapest one that was in the Argos catalogue. Bread usually gets stuck in it and has to be poked out with the wooden spoon. :( TOASTER DESIGN FAIL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

6 slice toaster.
    Toast is the breakfast of champions.

My toaster takes too long to toast. And why does toast taste nicer in other peoples houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm clearly lying at this stage.
    WindSock wrote: »
    And why does toast taste nicer in other peoples houses?

Probably because of the sex the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I have a Tefal Toast N' Egg Toaster

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Toast-TT550015-Toaster-Slice/dp/B0013KEDKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298551145&sr=8-1

2-slice black toaster and egg maker
    Steamer tray for hard boiling eggs, poaching tray for poaching eggs
    Wide slots for toast,muffins,croissants and bagels
    Warming tray for heating pre-cooked meats

What more could you want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

4 slice toaster.
    I desperately want one of these - http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Kitty-Toaster-KT5211/dp/B00021HBU4.

Not enough that I'd have one in my kitchen though. I'd like to have it in secret and when nobody's around I go into my wardrobe and make toast with Hello Kitty on the front and I would eat it all by myself. Then I'd cry in the darkness for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

4 slice toaster.
    xoxyx wrote: »
    I desperately want one of these - http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Kitty-Toaster-KT5211/dp/B00021HBU4.

Not enough that I'd have one in my kitchen though. I'd like to have it in secret and when nobody's around I go into my wardrobe and make toast with Hello Kitty on the front and I would eat it all by myself. Then I'd cry in the darkness for a while.

That's...amazing. It even leaves kitty patterns on the toast :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wallyking

4 slice toaster.
    I was the proud owner of a 3-slicer for many years. I felt like such a rebel. She kicked the bucket last month and im down to a bog standard 2 slice now.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

enda1 wrote: »
    A lot of toasters "guarantee" you Barbados, but deliver Bray in November.

Are we talking soggy toast here?! Surely grounds for a refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

4 slice toaster.
    12 slice toaster?

Reminds me of this

http://blog.nheconomy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rick_nielsen.jpg

Also, I want one of these: http://www.geekalerts.com/u/dv-toaster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

6 slice toaster.
    Left my roommate in charge of getting the toaster. He got a toaster that toasts "I love you" onto the bread.

He didn't tell me this and in a tired/hungover state I went to make some toast, saw "I love you" on the bread and freaked out that the toaster was trying to talk to me.

I'm never letting him buy things again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I don't have a toaster. Bought a kettle/toaster combo from Argos when moving into my flat, but they didn't have the toaster in stock so they said to come back for it within 30 days. Never did get back to Argos, so have been grilling instead.

Would like one of the Darth Vader toasters like Sheldon had in The Big Bang Theory.

Advertisement