Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Moderators the link to delete a post is not available today???

Options
  • 24-02-2011 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

As the title.

I put a post in the hunting scetion but wanted it in the Shooting section but I cannot delete the post from the hunting section, the link, advanced page, is not there today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not sure clive, I can still see it. I'll ask the admins...
    (Deleting your hunting post for you in the meantime)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

added this post for testing to see if i can delete this post, #3, or not

Ok I can delete this post #3 but not the #1, the first post. The delete options are not there for me to delete the first post.

Just thinking if I deleted the first post and others had added comments to the thread then they wouldn't be able to read the original topic. All is revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

clivej wrote: »
    added this post for testing to see if i can delete this post, #3, or not

Ok I can delete this post #3 but not the #1, the first post. The delete options are not there for me to delete the first post.

Just thinking if I deleted the first post and others had added comments to the thread then they wouldn't be able to read the original topic. All is revealed

the first post is basically a starting thread. so i dont think users have the power to delete a thread even if ther started it. could be wrong though

Advertisement