Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTR 4.1

Options
  • 24-02-2011 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

So mmo-champion go hold on the PTR of patch 4.1

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2189-Patch-4.1-on-PTR-Zul-aman-and-Zul-gurub-are-back!

Reall intresting stuff so far

ZG and ZA are back and a 5 man heroic for ilevel 346 average gear is there also. And you can get the rare mounts yet again, but looks like may be in a diffrent form as they want to keep the other mounts still unique!

Seems like there is also going to be another 5 man heroic for ilevel 346 averge gear(prob abysmal in vasjir) Firelands raid and dailies and a caverns of time caster legendary wepon?

Seems like they have done a good bit now and pushing it out to PTR so im guessing in the next 3-5 weeks we will see this out on live servers.

There timing seems good, Our guild is just starting hardmodes now, so by the time they release the patch we should be a good bit through them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Columc wrote: »
    So mmo-champion go hold on the PTR of patch 4.1

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2189-Patch-4.1-on-PTR-Zul-aman-and-Zul-gurub-are-back!

Reall intresting stuff so far

ZG and ZA are back and a 5 man heroic for ilevel 346 average gear is there also. And you can get the rare mounts yet again, but looks like may be in a diffrent form as they want to keep the other mounts still unique!

Seems like there is also going to be another 5 man heroic for ilevel 346 averge gear(prob abysmal in vasjir) Firelands raid and dailies and a caverns of time caster legendary wepon?

Seems like they have done a good bit now and pushing it out to PTR so im guessing in the next 3-5 weeks we will see this out on live servers.

There timing seems good, Our guild is just starting hardmodes now, so by the time they release the patch we should be a good bit through them.

Same with ourselves, should give time for HM clear and a bit of farm, ready to hit the next tier running.

As said in the gold making thread, the main thing from this patch, Mysterious fortune cards, 3 second craft time to 1 second.

Winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

TheDoc wrote: »

As said in the gold making thread, the main thing from this patch, Mysterious fortune cards, 3 second craft time to 1 second.

haha, dont have a scribe so no big deal to me. I am making enough money from JC and enchanting at the moment that i dont really do much anymore. Anyways money is so ridcuslse in cata that im not even worried

But from the leaked blizzard secdule a few months back they seem to be on time with all wow related releases, so this expansion may be a lot less time then wrath was

haha, dont have a scribe so no big deal to me. I am making enough money from JC and enchanting at the moment that i dont really do much anymore. Anyways money is so ridcuslse in cata that im not even worried

But from the leaked blizzard secdule a few months back they seem to be on time with all wow related releases, so this expansion may be a lot less time then wrath was

Which will leave a less stale taste towards the end, and boredom.

Blizzard have always been great with numerous free content releases per expansion. But being the levelling experience was only 5 levels i expected a followup expansion to come sooner.

I'm more interested in what Titan is tbh ;)

Still a long way away, end of 2013 and blizzard have their attitude it will be released when its released. Blizzcon 2011 i say will be the annoucement for it, Since people were expecting the anoucement of titan(back then it was code name Hydra) in 2008 for the paris blizzcon

Sorry for double post but:

What is seen cannot be unseen

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/february/ragnaros2.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry for double post but:

What is seen cannot be unseen

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/february/ragnaros2.jpg

Looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Which will leave a less stale taste towards the end, and boredom.

Blizzard have always been great with numerous free content releases per expansion. But being the levelling experience was only 5 levels i expected a followup expansion to come sooner.

I've seen a large amount of reports it's an FPS style game. Not directly confirmed, but a lot of "behind-the-scenes" kinda stuff.

The only real key detail known for sure is that it will be based in a totally new Universe, so unrelated to Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo and even Rock'n'Roll Racer!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I thought it was normally 2+ months on PTR before live for content patches?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I would be annoyed if it was out within 3 to 5 weeks. Most of the non hardcore guilds realistically started raiding in the new year losing out on the first 3 weeks or so with levelling, gearing and then Christmas thrown in for good measure. Even at a rate of 2 new hard mode bosses killed per week the majority of guilds on our server won't even smell 12 of 12 in that time frame and certainly nowhere near the end bosses. 2 months wouldn't be too bad at least guilds might be somewhat closer and clearing the "old" content on hardmode would still be appealing as the gears ilvl should be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Its gonna take a good bit of testing to test two new raids and two heroics. Probably about 2 months?

Thats mid-May. If they then leave it till early June, they prob be able to keep some people over the summer they otherwise might loose, due to the mass exodus we are seeing at the moment (or at least thats my impression)

• Advertisement

4.1 will be out a lot sooner then expected, since there will be no raids in 4.1 just the two new heroics it seems

4.1 will be out a lot sooner then expected, since there will be no raids in 4.1 just the two new heroics it seems

Good call aswell.

There is **** all guilds finished 12/12 heroic modes, its atleast another 2 months before there is a steady base finished heroics.

Looking forward to the new dungeons though to give them a spin, should be some nice gear too

Good call aswell.

There is **** all guilds finished 12/12 heroic modes, its atleast another 2 months before there is a steady base finished heroics.

Looking forward to the new dungeons though to give them a spin, should be some nice gear too

Aye and there is a hell of a lot of 25 man guilds that cant get throne of four winds boss down, hard encounter on 25 man.

Most of the people complaining have not even finished current content, and saying blizzard are slacking. I find it quite funny, and people dont relise that most of the work is alreadyt done on the raids so 4.2 will be out ever quicker!

Aye and there is a hell of a lot of 25 man guilds that cant get throne of four winds boss down, hard encounter on 25 man.

Most of the people complaining have not even finished current content, and saying blizzard are slacking. I find it quite funny, and people dont relise that most of the work is alreadyt done on the raids so 4.2 will be out ever quicker!

True that, they said themselves they realised ToC way too early, sure whats the rush like.

New content should come out when a large portion of the population have finished heroic modes.

Finishing normal content is literally about 30% of end game content completed,

Finishing normal content is literally about 30% of end game content completed,

Aye, the only reason why heroic mode was put in was the majorty of people on WoW never saw end game content in orginal and TBC was due to heroic modes were the nromal modes and people found them to hard.

People now think they are semi-hardcore raiders cause they can complete normal content, but yet never try heroics cause only extremly hardcore 24/7 wow players can do heroics.....

Aye, the only reason why heroic mode was put in was the majorty of people on WoW never saw end game content in orginal and TBC was due to heroic modes were the nromal modes and people found them to hard.

People now think they are semi-hardcore raiders cause they can complete normal content, but yet never try heroics cause only extremly hardcore 24/7 wow players can do heroics.....

I wouldnt say its much more time consuming to do heroics, we still only rock 2hours max , 3 nights a week,on raids and get **** done.

Once you get the normal bosses down, you can put more time into heroic progression knowing you will one shot the normal bosses.

Once you get the normal bosses down, you can put more time into heroic progression knowing you will one shot the normal bosses.

Ya were the same, we had some good tries last night on heroic bosses, but a clear now of a full raid is 2-3 hours for us on 25 man, still getting a few wipes on neferian encounter, but everything else is pretty much one shot.

Advertisement