Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vaccinations for a kitten

• 24-02-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi

I adopted a kitten a few weeks ago and he is about 6-7 months old and he hasnt had any vaccinations.

What is the maximum age i can get his 1st vaccinations at

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

He can get them at any age, he'll just need to get two vaccinations a month apart, and then just a booster one once a year after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

Dear op
    Our vet says 9 weeks for the first vaccination but ask local vets and they will give you a better idea of age to get it done at.
    BC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

9 weeks is the normal age to get their first vaccination, but if they didn't get any, they can still get vaccinated at any age, they'll just need 2 vaccinations a month apart, for the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

Thanks for the information

I just want to get his boosters before i let him outside and i was afraid he was told old to get them

Advertisement