Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats my chances???

Options
  • 24-02-2011 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

This is the question to you all...
    I'm a 36 yr old qualified painter decorator with many years experience, myself and fiance (29yrs old) who is qualified payroll technician want to up and leave for melbourne where her sister is married to an Ozzy.
    I can only get a 3 mnth visa as a visitor and she has a 12mnth WHV.
    Whats my chances as getting sponsor within 3 month as a decorator? or should we be looking at getting herself a sponsor straight away?
    We are going anyways soon nomatter what but would love to hear what you think of our circumstances.
    Has anybody just up and left on the hope of work??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

C.B Mate welcome to Boards , would you mind having a gander at the Australia FAQ on the main forum because you may get a good idea from that if you have a chance.

My gut says the that painter and decorator is not on the skills list. Your missus may be. I would normally lock this but I will leave it open if you want to clarify some of the questions the FAQ leaves you with.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

C.B wrote: »
    This is the question to you all...
    I'm a 36 yr old qualified painter decorator with many years experience, myself and fiance (29yrs old) who is qualified payroll technician want to up and leave for melbourne where her sister is married to an Ozzy.
    I can only get a 3 mnth visa as a visitor and she has a 12mnth WHV.
    Whats my chances as getting sponsor within 3 month as a decorator? or should we be looking at getting herself a sponsor straight away?
    We are going anyways soon nomatter what but would love to hear what you think of our circumstances.
    Has anybody just up and left on the hope of work??????

Not that good of a chance of getting sponsored as a painter decorator Skilled Occupation List but you never know you can but try .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Ozeire wrote: »
    Not that good of a chance of getting sponsored as a painter decorator Skilled Occupation List but you never know you can but try .

Had a look out of curiosity, and you know what, it's there - "painting trades workers" - on the GSM list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I watched Wanted Down Under a few weeks ago and there was a man who was thinking of moving to Adelaide as a Painter & Decorator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 C.B

Thanks Zambia for keeping this open.
    Have looked in the Oz/Nz forums & theres just that much info its hard to keep up to date with everything, which is why i put sumthin up myself my friend.
    So nobody seems to think that its a good move to up & leave?
    Painting & decorating is on the skills list but that doesn't mean its going to be easy.
    Does anyone know of anybody who has just taken a chance and left on the visitor visa and made it work?
    Thanks all for the replys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Thanks Zambia for keeping this open.
    Have looked in the Oz/Nz forums & theres just that much info its hard to keep up to date with everything, which is why i put sumthin up myself my friend.
    So nobody seems to think that its a good move to up & leave?
    Painting & decorating is on the skills list but that doesn't mean its going to be easy.
    Thanks all for the replys

A visa will take around 9-24 months to process - so you'll hardly be upping and leaving any time soon.
    Does anyone know of anybody who has just taken a chance and left on the visitor visa and made it work?
    Mod I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, a visitor visa is for visiting - if you mean working, then that is illegal and there will be NO talk of that here

So what your saying is that theres no chance of us leaving Ireland very soon with a one way flight and getting a sponsor within 3 mnth?
    There has to be some way to escape this doomed place.
    When you think sumthin can happen over and over it will happen PMA.
    Surely there has to be space over there for 1 more excellent decorator, they need me.

Sorry Hussey, when i say visitor visa, what i mean there is yes come in and look for somebody who will be willing to give a genuine person a fair chance to make a better life for themselves.
    In no way was i thinking of anything illegal or in anyway breaking any rules.
    Everything by the book me.
    Surely there has to be a few good men left in the world today.
    Then you will always get the people who look at things in the wrong way the neggies, these people are well worth avoiding.
    So for the people who have any posotive input for me i look forward to your replys & thanks in advance.

There is a chance but he odds are very bad. You can not work due to being on a tourist visa so how do they know you are that good. Spending a lot on flights just in mad hope is not wise. A chat to a visa agent may be worth a few minutes of your time.

So what your saying is that theres no chance of us leaving Ireland very soon with a one way flight and getting a sponsor within 3 mnth?

Thats about it in a nutshell.

There are trades men working in Australia for 2 years on WHV and most of them dont get sponsored, I wont say that it's an absolute impossibility but arriving in Australia on a tourist visa looking to get sponsored is 99% pie in the sky.

• Advertisement

I should add a plasterer mate of mine has no work this week it should pick up soon. But his boss does not pay him if they are not on a job.

ok peeps lets look at this as a task that we all must complete..
    Called.. lets get somebody into australia on a visa where they can live in oz forever.
    Answers please.. in this thread.....Legaly of course
    1.This man is 36 full qualified decorator
    2.Has a partner 29yr old qualified payroll technician who has a sister who has just recieved resident visa cuz shes married to an ozzy(great guy)
    3.Is going to oz on holiday soon but will only have a visitor visa to holiday.
    4.Question... provide options for this man to permanently live in oz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Where are you up to now with the suggestions you were given above?

I'm around 3 weeks away from getting on the plane with a visitors visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Your chances are poor.

Honestly, it's naive to think you'll be sorted either with your partner's visa or yourself. You're coming regardless of what you've been told so you won't truly believe whats been said here until you set foot in Tullamarine.

I honestly wish you well, but realistically have that exit flight booked and be prepared for the questions at passport control.

1.This man is 36 full qualified decorator
    Get a skilled assessment as a Painting Trade worker and apply for a skilled migration visa.
    2.Has a partner 29yr old qualified payroll technician who has a sister who has just recieved resident visa cuz shes married to an ozzy(great guy)

ask your sister-in-law's husband to ask around for someone willing to give her a job and sponsor her or even ask around for a painter/decorator for you and take a blind punt and sponsor you from Ireland.
    3.Is going to oz on holiday soon but will only have a visitor visa to holiday.

Your visitor visa might come with an 8503 condition, that might be an issue.
    4.Question... provide options for this man to permanently live in oz

Best option was answered in Q2
    Second best option answered in Q1

You wont get a better pionter than the above.

Advertisement