Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer Ink

• 24-02-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Can anyone tell me where I can get low cost Canon Printer ink from in Ireland.....please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

If its cheaper generic cartidges that you want then these guys are very good on price.

https://www.inkmaestro.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Argos carry some.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

You could check out https://www.inkjet.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

You can buy cheap aftermarket inks.. but your photos will probably fade to unusability in 3-5 years. Most alternate ink providers use poor-quality dye-based inks..whereas (GOOD) photo-printers use pigment-based inks.
    The color will also vary drastically from supplier-to-supplier, and even from batch to batch, as their quality-control isn't likely to be nearly as good.

If you're going to go with a supplier other than the printer manufacturer, you should carefully test it before doing anything commercially... if people pay you for a photo, and it's worthless in 3-5 years time, they're not going to be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

3-5 years is on the good side

i have some samples that i used for talks that faded after 18 months, the image is there, but with no colour in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I'm glad to know I'm not crazy nor just blowing smoke out of my arse! ;)

So seriously.. if it's important to you, or if it's going to be important to someone else...please don't use ****e ink!
    stcstc wrote: »
    3-5 years is on the good side

i have some samples that i used for talks that faded after 18 months, the image is there, but with no colour in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I use ink maestro, find their service good and the ink good (unlike some third party stuff it doesn't clog up the print heads) but I only use the printer for documents, the kids print the odd picture but the life expectancy there is 3-5 days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

i would suggest checking online as it works out much cheaper. i have seen a few irish websites that supply cheap printer ink cartridges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I use inkmaestro.ie for genuine Canon ink.
    Cost less than €5 for next-day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tarsna

City-Exile wrote: »

Thanks....ill give them a try.....im only interested in Canon ink:D

• Advertisement

i recently ran out of printer ink for my canon pixma mp160 and i didn't want to fork out a load of money on orignial ink cartridges as i have noticed that the price of orginal ink cartridges have gone up in price :mad:

i was recommend by a close friend from school that i buy genuine remanfactured ink cartridges they told me that they were much cheaper than the orginals so i gave it a try. i was unsure what site to buy from so i asked for some recommendations from my friends at school they recommended that i visit these guys www.printerinkcartridges.ie as they had bought from them b4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I used to get Cartridges from the 7dayshop. They stocked both genuine & generic.

Used Genuine until I stopped printing at home & then went to generic for documents etc.

the genuine ink cartridges now are pretty expensive now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

32finn wrote: »
    You could check out https://www.inkjet.ie/

Would advise against ordering from inkjet.ie; ordered a 2 pack of re-manufactured lexmark cardrigdes of them. The black one never worked and the color gives inferior quality... Money wasted, bought the original lexmark ones shortly after. Friend of mine had the same problem with a black cardridge from inkjet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tarsna

City-Exile wrote: »

Thankyou...........I used these guys and found them first class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Tarsna wrote: »
    Thankyou...........I used these guys and found them first class

Good stuff!
    Glad my experience was matched by your own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement