Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council get tough on illegal parkers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    You are not anonymous.

Just curious, who would know what my email address is? It would be easy to guess my true identity from that. Would forum mods know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Mods don't know, but if it is what you signed up to boards with then Admins would know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Unless you are fairly technically skilled and go to some lengths

Describes me to a T really, happy days

Mad internet skilzzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Mods don't know, but if it is what you signed up to boards with then Admins would know.
    And if I change my current email, would the Admin still know my old one?

I'm not actually sure to be honest, It's not an area I know much about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was discussing this with a few friends and everyone has come up with a suspect.

The same local business woman! More than 6 different people suggested her!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I don't think we've entered communism yet unless there's something you know that prompted that ridiculous. Post

Communism? You took Communism is about taking what people owe? I think you mean facism or something, but even then it's much closer justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

newportwex wrote: »
    Listen I don't come on here to have arguments so we'll agree to disagree bro. The personal insults are a bit much though and I'd like an apology.

When I get that we'll have no beef, no beef at all.

You don't expect arguments when you make rash ignorant statements that laugh at all the law abiding Citizens of this City???? and I have one brother and you are not him......
    An apology, hell will freeze over, apologize to your teachers for not taking anything in.
    No beef ,, enjoy vegetarianism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

i park in town once a week an i pay 6,8 euro ive no problems with that.
    last week the two machines near the car were broken, so i left the car thinking well its not my fault i cant drive round the city looking for a spot.on friday i got a parking fine in the post for 40 euro, come on thats a joke im appealing it and if its not squashed they can take me to court,,,,, stupid just stupid :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Susan12345678

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I was discussing this with a few friends and everyone has come up with a suspect.

The same local business woman! More than 6 different people suggested her!

I'm intrigued, what's her initials?

• Advertisement

I'm intrigued, what's her initials?

Mod Note: No clues on the fourm k? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Susan12345678

Mod Note: No clues on the fourm k? Cheers.

Apologies, shouldn't of asked!

Apologies, shouldn't of asked!

Don't worry about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

alrightcuz wrote: »
    last week the two machines near the car were broken, so i left the car thinking well its not my fault i cant drive round the city looking for a spot.on friday i got a parking fine in the post for 40 euro, come on thats a joke im appealing it and if its not squashed they can take me to court,,,,, stupid just stupid :mad:

I wouldn't blame you for being annoyed, thats just stupidity!! I work in kilkenny most days and i always see the parking wardens checking the machines. In waterfrord i'v often seen them broke for days at a time. appeal it to the last i say they cant stick you with that one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

Parking wardens have a job to do and I think most people would respect that its a very thankless job, but I have had a lot of dealing with them over the years and most are unhelpful to say the least, and some are the very opposite, one example, parked my car on the waterside only had notes in my wallet went back to my car and met the warden on the way explained what I was doing pointed my car out, by the time I got my change, got my ticket and got back to my car, I had my €40 ticket. Ran down the road to him and asked what was the story was only gone a minute his answer to me was very direct Appeal it and see what happens. I went as far a court with it and still lost think it cost me €120 plus costs to the council as far as I remember, very hard to win in court against the council when it comes to money owed have learned the hard way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Traffic wardens are sound. Never got a ticket on the bike. Tis great throwing it anywhere. Well it was anyways lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

alrightcuz wrote: »
    Its not the council's fault that people damage meters.

you made a good point santan but i would tend to disagree with regards to the courts. Friend of mine appealed a parking fine where he was fined for parking on a double yellow line, when his wheel was not technically over the yellow line. Brought it to court and made his arguement based on the facts and the case was struk out. In this case it was really my friends word against the parking wardens. I really think if you have your facts straight the judges are usually fair. By the way Santan in your appeal did you give them a copy of the ticket that you purchased??

Victor wrote: »
    Its not the council's fault that people damage meters.

In fairness its not other people's fault that they are damaged and its hardly fair to give people fines in the same area where they dont have their machines in working order:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

had given the ticket in with the appeal in city council woman at the desk said thats how the process works, and that I more than likely wouldnt have to pay it, was bought 2 mins after the ticket had been issued, anyway they have my money would have prob only drank it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

i never got a ticket,, unless someone stole it? thats how i didnt know until it came in the post, meters werent damaged just wouldnt take change was blocked for some reason and the meter had something displayed on the screen cant remember what it was?? the two meters are opposite each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Basic thing is these demands for your hard earned euros are offers to contract,easiest thing to do is write No-contract in red pen across the seal and pop it back in the post,they uaually get the msg after the second one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Basic thing is these demands for your hard earned euros are offers to contract,easiest thing to do is write No-contract in red pen across the seal and pop it back in the post,they uaually get the msg after the second one...

Alas I don't think this is correct, this kind of loophole/victory for the common man only applies to those "if you park here for longer than x hours you agree to pay €huge" signs for parking on private land, i.e. supermarket/station car parks, as far as I know anyway, I'm sure legal eagles can confirm.

Local Authorities have statutory powers to impose and collect fines I think, so I'd be interested to see how this one turns out!

SSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Santan wrote: »
    Parking wardens have a job to do and I think most people would respect that its a very thankless job, but I have had a lot of dealing with them over the years and most are unhelpful to say the least, and some are the very opposite, one example, parked my car on the waterside only had notes in my wallet went back to my car and met the warden on the way explained what I was doing pointed my car out, by the time I got my change, got my ticket and got back to my car, I had my €40 ticket. Ran down the road to him and asked what was the story was only gone a minute his answer to me was very direct Appeal it and see what happens. I went as far a court with it and still lost think it cost me €120 plus costs to the council as far as I remember, very hard to win in court against the council when it comes to money owed have learned the hard way.

That's just ridiculous! How do they expect you to get your ticket without leaving the car and coming back?! Perhaps they want you to drive slowly past the machine and throw coins at it in the hope that enough will actually go into the slot to pay for a ticket!

I think I told this story before but few years ago I managed a shop on steven street and my then boss pulled up outside Paul Sullivans across the road, stuck his head in the door literally said Hi Ziedth, how's sales? And picked up something and went back to his car and the warden was in the middle of giving him his ticket. Said he could have stuck in 0.20c if he was only poping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Yes some those wardens fancy themsel es as wanna be coppers turning a deaf ear to common sense

I'm sure a no contract return to sender is the best way of dealing with these petty leans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

When I collected my machine from the Singer Center the guy couldn't believe I put 30c in the machine.... he thought i'd be able to see the warden out the window!

No way would I chance it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I think I told this story before but few years ago I managed a shop on steven street and my then boss pulled up outside Paul Sullivans across the road, stuck his head in the door literally said Hi Ziedth, how's sales? And picked up something and went back to his car and the warden was in the middle of giving him his ticket. Said he could have stuck in 0.20c if he was only poping in.

Ziedth is your real name??

That, my friend, is beyond cool....... in fact, its:

awesome-awesome-to-the-max.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=That-guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

If tax dodgers can be named & shamed, why then can't these group?
    No difference as far as I'm concerned!

• Advertisement

Ziedth is your real name??

That, my friend, is beyond cool....... in fact, its:

awesome-awesome-to-the-max.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=That-guy

I really really wish it was :(

Advertisement