Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do with your toddler?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Could do with some new ideas - cheap ones.

Here's what we already do:
    beach
    playpark
    drawing/painting
    small bit of kids tv
    scooter/trike
    play with toys at home
    walk the dog
    rare visits to a soft-play area
    baking

Any ideas much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

We feed the ducks at a lake nearby
    We go swimming once a week
    We go to the playground at the weekend if its dry
    We go to a farm to see the cows which he loves
    We always make time for some wrestling each day.
    I'm looking forward to the summer to go to the beach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ktod

Ooh, thanks! Loving the idea of the animals - we have horses and donkeys up the road from us, and ducks in town. He loves animals too, can't believe I never thought of that - amazing what not enough sleep can do to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

i know the feeling:D

Ha ha - don't even get me started on The Sleep Issue. That deserves a thread all by itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

We do alot of the above, but also off the top of my head...

ANYTHING MESSY! (Great when the weather is good, because it can all be done in the garden) Water play, sand play, etc
    Collecting rocks from the beach and painting them, can add stickers too.
    Walking through paint barefoot and then all over the paper.
    Going on nature walks and everything is fascinating to them; looking down holes, picking up sticks and pine cones, seeing all the things that we don't even notice anymore.
    Playdoh.
    Play shops.
    Chalk on the pavement.
    Make a tent in the house (2 chairs and a blanket and cushions etc and have a picnic in it!)

It's so magic being a toddler, I try to regain some of the magic through my little ones!

Have fun and don't worry about the mess. They grow up too quickly!

• Advertisement

Hey Greystoner - loving the idea of painting stones from the beach, could paint shells too.

Little Boy loves mess/mud and most especially Jumping In Muddy Puddles (thank you Peppa Pig).

Totally agree, they are a complete joy at this age, just wanting to keep it fresh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

This is such a magical age... we are on our way out of it heading towards four years old, it is golden.

I've done everything listed here but I would add one thing.

The beach. When I take my son into the waves he is pure joy. I remember the first time as a toddler he encountered the waves of the mediteranean bouncing at his feet, and I'd lift him up and down to kick the waves and to play chase with them up and down the shore. He would let out squeals of delight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Rainy days, puddle plashing. Especially on the balance bike.

Botanic Garden.

Train/Luas ride, or simply go into the station to look at the trains. Grandparents with free travel etc.

Play dates with other kids.

Advertisement