Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floozie in the Sewer

Options
  • 24-02-2011 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

I spotted the Anna Livia monument in the liffey (on a boat) outside Guinnesses at lunchtime. Is it making a comeback?

250px-Anna_Livia_Plurabelle.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Was it not Floozie in the Jacuzzi? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's due to be installed in the Croppy Acre in front of Collins Barracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Whore in the Sewer works better I think you'll find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I was heading into town when I spotted her being dragged up the Liffey by 2 sea safari boats. She was taken out at Victoria Quay and 15 mins ago I spotted her being fastened to the back of a truck by Dublin City Council workers.

Nice to know she is making a comeback :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I thought it was to be instlled in the park in front of the Ashling Hotel and that DCC have been mistakingly calling it the Croppy Acre (which is indeed in front of the barracks).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

or maybe the names were 'floozy in the jacuzzi' or 'hoor in the sewer' ?

humberklog wrote: »
    I thought it was to be instlled in the park in front of the Ashling Hotel and that DCC have been mistakingly calling it the Croppy Acre (which is indeed in front of the barracks).

That makes more sense. Dublin City Council have been doing some work on that little park over the last few weeks including draining the pond and installing new paving stones!

or maybe the names were 'floozy in the jacuzzi' or 'hoor in the sewer' ?

Well she wasn't in her jacuzzi today she was most certainly floating up the Liffey which I believe is known as "sewer" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think it would have been great to see her rest on O'Connell Bridge for us all to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Magzie

Sundew wrote: »
    Well she wasn't in her jacuzzi today she was most certainly floating up the Liffey which I believe is known as "sewer" ;)

Dad took these today ;)

floozy1.jpg

floozy2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

They need to dig up and reinstall the Time in the Slime (although it will be displaying the number of seconds since 1/1/00 as a negative number :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Magzie wrote: »
    Dad took these today ;)

floozy1.jpg

floozy2.jpg

Funny, she doesn't look as substantial as she did in her concrete jacuzzi, I wonder will she have the original surround with water, hope she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

That is great news, love the photos.

You're right about the Croppy Acre, that is opposite the museum. I'm not sure what the little park opposite the Ashling Hotel is called.

Hopefully now at least, the statue will be safe and respected. I presume the park will be closed in the evenings and monitored for anti-social behaviour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When are they going to remove the Spire and relocate it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

dubtom wrote: »
    Funny, she doesn't look as substantial as she did in her concrete jacuzzi, I wonder will she have the original surround with water, hope she does.

Hopefully. It'll be handier for washing the dishes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Nolanger wrote: »
    When are they going to remove the Spire and relocate it?

I heard they were going to mount her on the spire.. 'The hoor on the stiffy'.. Saucy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

She's in place now outside the Ashling Hotel. Was only driving past, so didn't get a good look - but from what I saw, she's looking well!

Advertisement