Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm alarm

Options
  • 24-02-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi

I have an Astec alarm in my house . Does anyone know anyone who services and or repairs them. Any suggestions appreciated, tried a few companys but they dont look after them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Best bet is to try the suppliers list. You should get someone on there to help you out.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could also try the PSA register and search for installers around your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

I have an Astec alarm in my house . Does anyone know anyone who services and or repairs them. Any suggestions appreciated, tried a few companys but they dont look after them

If you let us know what problems your having you will get all the help you need here to repair the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

First of all appologies for high jacking this tread. I to have an Astec 49 alarm system but the external bell box has packed in. Water got in and made a mess of it. I have done a lot of digging and there doesn't seem to a spare left in the country. I know the company has now stopped trading. My question is, is there a way to fit an exteral box from a different manufacturer to work with the Astec system, otherwise I'm looking at a complete new system and there's no way I can afford that. Would appreciate some help if anybody has a solution.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can use a global bell box with an S22 interface. I know Northwood Technology have some.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply KoolKid, if i run into probs with the install i might get back to you.

Appreciate the help.

Its straightforward enough , you should be fine. Any problems sourcing one give me a shout.

Was just onto Northwood and they said the S22 interface is not being made anymore and they don't have any. Is there any other interface that will the job.

Thanks

Thats the only one. Try REW. If you have no luck there give me a shout. I still have some.

KoolKid, you're a gent. REW have one and are sending it out. I guess now I can get a HKC SABB and I should be good to go. I'll be in touch if I have any problems with the wiring or set up, you might be able to help me out....

God bless the internet and boards...

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Id'd go for the Pyronix Delta Bell. .
    A better deterrent in my opinion.
    Pyronix_DeltabellPlus.jpg

Certainly looks the part, my only problem is I am limited with facia and wondow. I have a dutch roof and have only 250mm to place the box. Will the HKC box work with the S22.

Thanks

Yes
    Any global bell will work with an S22

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes
    Any global bell will work with an S22

Just got a call from rew, the one showing in stock was not in the warehouse. Is there any way I could buy one from yourself...

Thanks

Not a bother. I'll PM you my number.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Not a bother. I'll PM you my number.

Sound man, will give you a call tomorrow. Tied up this evening...

Thanks

No bother...

Advertisement