Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Pitches South Dublin City

Options
  • 24-02-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Me and a bunch of mates play football every week but have been kicked off of pitches regularly because matches / training is on for the clubs that use the pitches in our local park.

Is there anywhere that we can book a pitch/hire for our use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Why not join a league. They are on all over the place. Astro.ie has loads of 6/11 a side leagues going on around South Dublin. If thats too far then there is interfirm 7 a side in Irish town stadium. There are probably others but they're just the ones I'm aware of. Although you may have to to wait till April/May before the new seasons start.

If its just a pitch you want to hire it shouldn't be too hard to find, a location would help in advising you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Palmerston Park has a nice open area but it will be "jumpers for goalposts".
    Any council owned pitches are used by league teams who pay a lot of money to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Pearse memorial park is lovely. It has grass pitches with GAA posts but there is also an astro turf pitch behind that too. I don't have a clue how much it is to rent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Cheers for the replies lads..
    If its just a pitch you want to hire it shouldn't be too hard to find, a location would help in advising you?

We usually play in Deer Park, but we seem to have made an enemy of the teams that use the pitches there. Not sure why, they just didn't like us using the pitches i guess

Advertisement