Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slipped disc- advice please

Options
  • 24-02-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

I have been to 2 docs and was told I have bulging disc- one was emergrnct doc who told me to go to my own gp if still in pain after 3 days, so I did. I don't have sciatica with it , all pain in right side of back in or around hip area. Agony when docs pressed certain part and when they made me lift my legs-nearly cried.

It is now day 5 and am in bad pain once medication wears off.

Both docs told me to rest and it'll take a few weeks to heal.

Looking it up on net a lot recommened exercising but I can't figure out how to exercise if I am in such pain.

I have severe pain when trying to move or get out of bed, walking is painful at first. I am sick of this pain and not knowing what to do.

Can anyone tell me if they have suffered the same, what you did and how long to recover?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i'd advise you check back in with your doctor for advice, if your pain is still that severe.

also ask them for advice again on whether you should be exercising or not, rather than relying on something you have read online, particularly when you have been told by both of them to rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement