Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accents: what annoying/hot?

• 24-02-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

What accents do you hate? What ones do you love?
    For me: some american accents are seriously annoying. Scottish accents on guys are sexy:) so are australian accents on guys...especially Romeo on home and away. He was the only reason i watched h&a;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Done to death OP ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

In an Irish context:

Annoying: D4, roysh? Also Kerry, Louth (more a speech impediment than an accent), Cavan and Donegal (although can be pleasantly twee at times).

Hot: None.

HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Mr. Spock

New York accents, can't stand that ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Some English ones, Scottish and northern Ireland

I don't really like strong Dublin accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

Latchy wrote: »
    Done to death OP ...

Oops sorry im new:S

Oh and i HATE cork accents. Reminds me of my old p.e. Teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Hot:
    Aussie
    Scandanavian
    Eastern Europe
    Most the rest of Europe

Not Hot:
    Scousers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Mr. Spock

Wait, what are American accents? We all speak pretty normal over here, save for the cast of Jersey Shore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Love a good aul Kerry accent or any culchie accent in general :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mr. Spock wrote: »
    Wait, what are American accents? We all speak pretty normal over here, save for the cast of Jersey Shore.

"Oh mah gaaawwwwwwwd!"

there ya go.

for me, sexy: French accent on a woman is fcuking amazing.

annoying, Caaaark BAI!, or Donegal, couple in the fact everyone that lives there seems to be miserable and they're horrendous to deal with as customers.

• Advertisement

Jersey shore accent= hilarious.

Just some people that have like really strong american accents. I dont know where theyre from though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I love Prof Stephen Hawkings accent.

Here he is doing guest vocals on a Radiohead track. Hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ciara95 wrote: »
    Just some people that have like really strong american accents. I dont know where theyre from though
    It's bad enough that a lot of people, like, talk like that - but do really have to, like, type like that too? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Hot: Galway.

Annoying: The rest.

It's bad enough that a lot of people, like, talk like that - but do really have to, like, type like that too? :pac:

Like is the best word. It can be used for everything:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Eastern Europen accent on woman is just dam good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Hot: French, latino, Jamaican, Nordie, Welsh, Brooklyn.

Annoying: S.African, Scottish (reminds me of having the flu), Australian, Geordie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Feckin hell you guys literally can't go a minute with out making your nation out to be full of pure ignorance.

I remember spending half an hour explaining the concept of an accent to an american before. Didnt even understand the idea that people in new york had different american accents to people in alabama.

It would seem as far as americans are concerned, by definition an accent means 'anything that sounds non - american':rolleyes:

There is no such thing as a 'normal accent' and if there was, if anything, it would be an English accent. I dunno how to break this to you but people have been speaking english around the world far before there was ever such a thing as the USA never mind the American accents.

feck sake, then you guys wonder why you have such a bad reputation around the world for being clueless. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've realised much to my disgust that I've something of a soft spot for gentle Cork accent or a good strong Nordie or Scottish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Eskimos

Failing that, Londoners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

course theres american accents, people from New York dont sound the same as people from the South, thats an accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

HAWT: Northern Ireland, British, Scottish, French, and a slight Dublin accent.

NOT: Thick bogger accent,(says yer wan from waterford! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Northern Irish accents on a girl are unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

krudler wrote: »
    course theres american accents, people from New York dont sound the same as people from the South, thats an accent.

He's not american, he's trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

O.M.G
    A girl with an English accent... Say two words to me with one of those and I swear I'll dream about you for the rest of my life :D
    Also girls with creaky/scratchy voices. I dunno why that's so ridiculously sexy but it is... Like the kind of sound your voice makes when you try to talk too low and it crackles. I call it 'purring' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lightshow

The only thing more annoying than the pointless inflection which many Australians and Californians put at the end of their sentences is the universally despised and completely phony D4 accent.

God I hate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

HAWT: Northern Ireland, British, Scottish,

What's Scottish if it isn't British?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 septicated mutant

Hot: Carlow/Wexford/Laois accent is quare sexy
    Not: The Cork accent is a not too dissimilar to gay sex. Player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hot - American
    Annoying - Inner city dublin *shudder*

Advertisement