Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accents: what annoying/hot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

methinks the OP started the thread with an anti Cork intention ;)

hot: northside dublin accent

not: southside dublin accent, sounds like one of those text to voice software programs, completely synthetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

methinks the OP started the thread with an anti Cork intention ;)

Lucky for me I'm not from Cork then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Most accents in Ireland annoy me, mainly Cork, Dublin, Louth, obviously excluding the Offaly accent as it is perfect. I hate the Yorkshire accent too, and since last weekend i now hate some American accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

hot limerick Donegal Derry

Not Dublin Cavan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Mr. Spock

Sisko wrote: »
    Feckin hell you guys literally can't go a minute with out making your nation out to be full of pure ignorance.

I remember spending half an hour explaining the concept of an accent to an american before. Didnt even understand the idea that people in new york had different american accents to people in alabama.

It would seem as far as americans are concerned, by definition an accent means 'anything that sounds non - american':rolleyes:

There is no such thing as a 'normal accent' and if there was, if anything, it would be an English accent. I dunno how to break this to you but people have been speaking english around the world far before there was ever such a thing as the USA never mind the American accents.

feck sake, then you guys wonder why you have such a bad reputation around the world for being clueless. :confused:

I'm busting your balls dude, calm down. I know we talk different. I just like giving you Europeans a hard time = P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Mr. Spock

kingtut wrote: »
    Hot - American
    Annoying - Inner city dublin *shudder*

HEY BABY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Kerry women
    Aussie Sheila's
    French Madam's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The best is the Kerry accent
    The worst is the Dub or Wexford, whats with Wexford people saying quare? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Good on guys: Irish (pretty much everything but the Dublin one), Scottish, most Eastern European, German, some southern US, some English, Cajun.
    Good on girls: French, Polish, Italian, some English, neutral American.

Bad on guys: French, Italian.
    Bad on girls: Australian.

Bad on everyone: Italian-American, New York (or worse, Italian-American New York :eek:), Boston, Spanish, chav English, Geordie, Dublin, pretty much any Asian accent, and I hate to say it, but stereotypical Canadian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

liah wrote: »
    Boston.

Agreed! The Boston accent makes me wanna cut my ears off! Worst accent on the face of the Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The Hyundai Accent is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Birds with Northern (or Ulster accents) and then the ones from Donegal that speak in Irish. Deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Northen irish accent on a girl..... *druel*

Also partial to the polish accent..

South dublin accents are off putting most of the time, especially when they start to sound like men..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Some cork accents on girls are brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

annoying - australian, scouser
    hot - scottish, texan (those sexy cowboys in their tight jeans, oh yes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

nordy - hot

i feel like i say this a lot on boards :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

nordy - hot

i feel like i say this a lot on boards :/

Nordy - not. I switch channel when it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

I have a thing for Northern Irish accents. Particularly Donegal. She's a winner if she has that accent.

I have a Cork accent, although it's not a strong one. People struggle to guess here I'm from most of the time. I am an unknown quantity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭davetherave

Donegal accent on a woman is great :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Charlene McKenna + Monaghan accent = orgasm.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Scottish, Cark or Nordie accent on a chick.

Pretty much all Irsh brogues are nice on a girl except pantomime Dublin accents from both sides of the Liffey, and ones who can't pronounce their r's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Donegal is getting more yes votes woooo happy days :D

Don't really pay too much attention to the different Irish accents. Can't tell the difference in some of them.
    Only one I can't stand is the country Kerry one. One of my old mates has it and bloody hell it would do your head in everytime.
    Use to be mad about the Scottish accent until I actually dated a few lads from there. Been permanently put off it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love most Irish accents esp Cork, Kerry, Donegal *swoon*, American, French, Italian, Spanish and most European countries :D

Do not like the waterford accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

French, Cork, Donegal, Finnish = Major stirring in my pants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Mr. Spock wrote: »
    I'm busting your balls dude, calm down. I know we talk different. I just like giving you Europeans a hard time = P

How is making yourself and your countrymen out to be idiots giving us a hard time? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Don't like Monaghan. Or "Kyavan".
    There something about a D4 accent that I like! :D
    Northern accent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Sisko wrote: »
    How is making yourself and your countrymen out to be idiots giving us a hard time? :confused:
    I'd be more worried about the "busting your balls" comment tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Hot- Northern accents, Some mid-west american accents,

Not- New York accent..i shudder at the sound of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

I have a Cork accent, although it's not a strong one. People struggle to guess here I'm from most of the time. I am an unknown quantity.

Me too, sort of. Some people hear it immediately, most people can't put a finger on my accent at all.

Advertisement