Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost effective security Camera & recorder

Options
  • 24-02-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a cost effective security camera & recorder setup (something that can save to SD or HDD would be great ). My budget is about 200 euro, I would be looking for something that works outdoors and at night. It would also be great if the footage from the camera was usable in court.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You won't get an effective camera and recorder with night vision & digital watermarking for that sort of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

What is digital watermarking Koolkid.....how does it make the video admissable?....just curious. I got a pan/tilt camera on ebay for €80 and hooked it up to my dvd/hdd recorder. It has no warwemarkiing on it and just records color/night video. Usefull for seeing who has called when yer out. I got another one with pan/tilt/zoom which is a much more elaborate device for €320 but its not quite as easy to comission.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Digital watermarking is what makes the recorded images admissible as evidence.
    Its not visible but it allows proof that the images have not been tampered with or altered.

Advertisement