Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single Player.

• 24-02-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

Anyone playing single player? if so what have you built? anything amazing that you have built with your own 2 hands with resources you had to collect yourselves?

only reason i'm asking is because i have nothing to do in my single player in work.

Whatever you have built take a screencap and throw it in here. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Arkloyd

So far I've had a few aborted dome projects (one of which was a 64×64 sandstone 'igloo' which quickly got out of hand, and had to be abandoned. Picture below.)

I've also used lava, water and a mold to make my Nether portal in a few worlds, before I could find diamond. Burning Netherrack makes cool churches of Notch. I've tried a lot of other things as well, such as when I built a 3×3 spiral staircase shaft into the ground, I dug down into a lava flow, so I made walls of glass to surround the shaft and show off the lava. Sadly, no screenshots of that exist.

2011-02-17_225208.png
    Little hellhouse on the prairie

2011-02-17_230138.png
    In the hellhouse

2011-02-18_064627.png
    Megadome failure

2011-02-18_093510.png
    Another view of Megadome

2011-02-21_002339.png

2011-02-21_160801.png
    Somewhere near bedrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RuneKnight3

So what you're saying is that minecraft is Suburban Hell...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I had built a castle made of 90% lava and 10 cobblestone once. It was extremely hard to do, doubt I'll ever attempt it again

Lava walls and just enough cobblestone to support them? Man, you've got some solid brass cubes. What did you do for a doorway?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Arkloyd wrote: »
    Lava walls and just enough cobblestone to support them? Man, you've got some solid brass cubes. What did you do for a doorway?

Iron door over a curtain of cobblestone. Worked a treat. Pity I deleted that world a few months back :(

• Advertisement

I would have loved to see some screenshots!

Interesting idea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RuneKnight3

We should use some elements of it in our WICKED SKULL FORTRESS!

We should use some elements of it in our WICKED SKULL FORTRESS!

Lava skull?
    Castle Painskull?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Jogue

I tried Single Player once , but it got too lonely :(

Besides, too much fear of Herobrine just popping up behind you when you're mining on your own at 4:30 in the morning....

Bad times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mexican_Panda

i cant play singleplayer im get scared on my own :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Wezo1994

I have built a 1 to 1 scale Pyramid :D

Over 8000 blocks on sand.

wow thats pretty epic wezzo got a pic of it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 whiteboii

i built a 130 by 130 pyramid made by all glass and lava on every single block making it look like the pyramid is made by lava. was really cool but beta 1.3 deleted it....

wow thats pretty lame :( bet you were gutted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ShorterStraws

I tried to build a replica oil rig but it failed once i went to use lava as the drill bit it just setfire to the whole thing ...... probably shouldn't have used wool :)

Yeah I have the same poblem all servers just seem to bug out for me and finally when i find one it is always really busy and nearly impossible to get onto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 whiteboii

I tried to build a replica oil rig but it failed once i went to use lava as the drill bit it just setfire to the whole thing ...... probably shouldn't have used wool :)
    lol nice one

Yeah I know massive fail

It was a tiny bit satisfying to watch it all burn though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Fisheh

i built a COD MW2 map and submitted to top 5 creations minecraft but it ddnt get shown :( sadface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 SS30888

I built a mega castle and town. I also built an underwater city.

Though I ended up deleting that world. Sorry, no photos :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mileseverett

Thats a nice world mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Pwnzorz

I have made many things including slides, bridges, castles, statues of famous video game characters etc... I find singleplayer too lonely so I am in the process of finding some good servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mileseverett

A companion cube ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

have just emailed myself my single player from my work computer to my home email account. lets hope i can put it back together again when i do get home.

thank god for the new file save system as there was only 18 mb of stuff in about 10 files as opposed to 18mb of stuff in about 20,000,000 files. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Freak0nature

I don't really do anything to inovative. However I do enjoy making some mansions. Whenever I finish one I make a video showing off the house. So far I have 3, 1 of which was made in Multiplayer but that was one of my favoroites. I could make another of a house I have made of sand stone but it still needs the finishing touches and I have moved on to a different project.

Multiplayer House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mTDKh3u8hM

Single Player House #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKg1fOADuII

Single Player House #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apfs7KJhmn4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

for people just starting single player and have no idea whats going on follow this link.

it shows you most of the craftable blocks and how to craft them. :)

Advertisement