Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Aris, Kick Off 8pm

• 24-02-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

A few injuries as per usual but still expecting a decent side.

At a guess -

Hart

Boateng
    Kolo
    Kompany
    Zabaleta

Barry
    Kolorov

Yaya

Balotelli
    Silva

Tevez

Dzeko to come on after an hour.

Off to bed now for a few hours kip beforehand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

why would kolorov play dm when zabaletta can play there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

partyndbs wrote: »
    why would kolorov play dm when zabaletta can play there?

Because Mancini has tried him there recently. It was just a guess. Anyway, we've gone waaaaay more attacking than I thought -

Hart, Boateng, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

some attacking lineup for city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Classic 4-2-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Interesting to see how Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko play together.

• Advertisement

Cracking away support from Aris!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

This on any channel?

Finical wrote: »
    This on any channel?

Setanta Ireland (19:55-22:30 Ireland Only)
    ESPN (20:00-22:00)
    ESPN HD (20:00-22:00)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

4-0 City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Headshot wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland (19:55-22:30 Ireland Only)
    ESPN (20:00-22:00)
    ESPN HD (20:00-22:00)
    Don't have setanta Ireland. I have ESPN but when I go to the channel it comes up 'This programme is not available' Balls! :(

• Advertisement

streams anyone

BOOM! Dzeko :D

What a flop! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

My stream went down for a few mins , come back & its 2 nil. Will probably stay like this now :(

link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well that saves me a load of time this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Love the City fans adoption of the PoLish celebration, bouncing with your back to the game!

Oh dear, Vinny K has pulled up and doesn't look good :(

Mad Zab to right back and Boateng to the centre probably.

City have been poor since they scored the 2nd and Balotelli has been very poor

balotelli looks like the type of player who doesnt enjoy playing football

• Advertisement

Silva :eek:

He deserves that

Looked the only city player that looked bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

God Balotelli is a more frustrating player than Robinho. Pissing me off tonight. How come Dzeko gets criticized by Mancini and Balo doesn't?!

He deserves that

Looked the only city player that looked bothered

Rubbish. Who hasn't looked bothered?

Very comfortable and professional performance against a poor side.

I know Dzeko scored 2 great goals but man his passing is dreadful

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Rubbish. Who hasn't looked bothered?

Tevez and balo for one

They are a brutal side and you should be up more than 3

Tevez and balo for one

They are a brutal side and you should be up more than 3

You said Yaya was the only player who looked bothered so ten others haven't yet you just named two. Barry, the best player on the pitch, hasn't looked bothered? Silva hasn't looked interested? Give the hyperbole a break.

And there's no need to go hell for leather when the tie is over after quarter of an hour. We have two games a week for the forseeable future and a fair few injuries, which has already been added to tonight.

You said Yaya was the only player who looked bothered so ten others haven't yet you just named too. Barry, the best player on the pitch, hasn't looked bothered? Silva hasn't looked interested? Give the hyperbole a break.

And there's no need to go hell for leather when the tie is over after quarter of an hour. We have two games a week for the forseeable future and a fair few injuries, which has already been added to tonight.

Yaya was the best player on the pitch, I didnt notice barry was playing tbh. Silva with some nice skills alright but his final ball majority of the time was poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Only watched the first half, silva was very very good to be fair. Bolotelli was rubbish though

• Advertisement

Yaya was the best player on the pitch, I didnt notice barry was playing tbh. Silva with some nice skills alright but his final ball majority of the time was poor.

Barry has been fantastic all game. Rewatch the first half if you can.

I'm not sure what you expect here tbh. 10-0 every game? We're cruising with three goals and a clean sheet so I guess there's not much to have a pop at.

Barry has been fantastic all game. Rewatch the first half if you can.

I'm not sure what you expect here tbh. 10-0 every game? We're cruising with three goals and a clean sheet so I guess there's not much to have a pop at.

I expected a few more than 3

once the first 2 went in, city didnt look bothered and it was a great start for city but after the 1st 13-15mins it was a bore-fest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Barry having his best game in a City shirt. You watching teh right game?

Enjoyed the match, it was nice to go 2 up early on, I could relax and enjoy the game a bit more. Thought the two Dzeko goals were quality, signs he is developing an understanding with Tevez on the pitch which is good. I missed the Kompany thing, not sure how bad it is, I stepped back and he was walking off the pitch so hopefully it's nothing serious because he would be a big loss.Definitely credit to the Aris fans, they never lost their voice, up there with the Lech Poznan fans.

I expected a few more than 3

once the first 2 went in, city didnt look bothered and it was a great start for city but after the 1st 13-15mins it was a bore-fest

If they weren't bothered you'd have seen Aris be allowed a foothold in the game. They haven't We scored our goals and defended well while making sure everyone (bar Kompany) came through unscathed.

It's annoying that we still get slated for a professional 3-0 win.

Kompany's fine btw, just a knock to the thigh area.

If they weren't bothered you'd have seen Aris be allowed a foothold in the game. They haven't We scored our goals and defended well while making sure everyone (bar Kompany) came through unscathed.

It's annoying that we still get slated for a professional 3-0 win.

Kompany's fine btw, just a knock to the thigh area.

Did we watch the same Aris that are abysmal? city could have 8-9 men on the pitch and it still be a stroll

Did we watch the same Aris that are abysmal? city could have 8-9 men on the pitch and it still be a stroll

Seriously what exactly do you want? We took the match at a canter because we could, I fail to see the problem.

• Advertisement

:confused: Did you miss this?

We just strolled to a 3-0 win but because we didn't have 50 shots and score 49 of them we weren't bothered (some of that hyperbole stuff).

:confused: Did you miss this?

We just strolled to a 3-0 win but because we didn't have 50 shots and score 49 of them we weren't bothered (some of that hyperbole stuff).

so why are you getting upset and bothered by my right suggestion that majority of your players didnt bother ?

so why are you getting upset and bothered by my right suggestion that majority of your players didnt bother ?

Because it's not a right suggestion. In fact it's a load of bollox.

Because it's not a right suggestion. In fact it's a load of bollox.

look I see your getting upset, forget about it

If our players didn't bother we would have lost the game. so I would suggest you do a rethink of what your determination of a right suggestion is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Cant believe City only won 3-0 fuckin shít cúnts!

look I see your getting upset, forget about it

Patronising as well? Nice :rolleyes:

You've gone from saying everyone bar Yaya wasn't arsed to the majority weren't bothered. What's the majority? 6 or 11?

The sad thing is I know you're not trolling and genuinely believe that having watched the game, yet it didn't happen.

Tough match next round, Kiev will not be easy to beat, at least we have the advantage of playing the away leg first again, on Paddys day too!

Apologies, the 2nd leg is on Paddys day.

Patronising as well? Nice :rolleyes:

You've gone from saying everyone bar Yaya wasn't arsed to the majority weren't bothered. What's the majority? 6 or 11?

The sad thing is I know you're not trolling and genuinely believe that having watched the game, yet it didn't happen.

Can majority not be 10 out of 11?

I was unfortunate to watch the match and started off great but soon enough it went downhill, Even Mancini off the touch line trying to get some life in the team but it failed.

I'd take a draw in Kiev then a 2-0 at home in an ideal world.

Can majority not be 10 out of 11?

I was unfortunate to watch the match and started off great but soon enough it went downhill, Even Mancini off the touch line trying to get some life in the team but it failed.

It can be but then you're neglecting the very good performances of Silva and Barry at the very least.

It can be but then you're neglecting the very good performances of Silva and Barry at the very least.

I already said that silva had some nice skills but his final ball was poor and didnt notice Barry that much tbh

Yaya was the man of the match from his great tackling to getting the ball off the CB's and trying to drive forward with it

man city arent the only team who take their foot off the gas after going up a few goals very quickly. barca always do it and nobody complains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

partyndbs wrote: »
    man city arent the only team who take their foot off the gas after going up a few goals very quickly. barca always do it and nobody complains

Very true!
    And at least we GOT our foot on the gas at some stage this week which is more than can be said of other teams playing this week....

3-0 if we were shítê :D,,,,,,, I'll take that kindly thank you:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I can't believe a united fan has the nerve to question city's approach after that muck in france the other night!

• Advertisement
Advertisement