Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite mascara?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi everyone! Im kinda new here but i was wondering whats everyones favourige mascara? Im currently like Maybelline Falsies. I liked collosal for a while there before the falsies
    Has anyone tried the new maybelline mascara, i think its call One by One. Its in a pink tube, with blue writing.

Anyone know a good waterproof mascara? I bought a cheap Collection 2000 one for last summer. But when my eyelashes got wet, the mascara didnt come off but just drooped and clumped together horribly!

Finally: does anyone have any experience with eyelash tinting? I would love to get it done before the summer, so i could just wear clear mascara while swimming etc. I dont think its too expensive either.

Thanks everyone and have a nice day!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ciara95 wrote: »
    Finally: does anyone have any experience with eyelash tinting? I would love to get it done before the summer, so i could just wear clear mascara while swimming etc. I dont think its too expensive either.

Thanks everyone and have a nice day!

I get my eyelashes tinted once a month. I find I don't really need to wear any mascara at all but it depends what kind of look your going for.

P.s. Welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I love borjois volume glamour ultra care as its for sensitive eyes but I've also been asked on occasion was I wearing fake eyelashes! :)

RESULT! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

I have long eyelashes, theyre just blond at the end. If you dont mind me asking, how much do most places charge for eyelash tinting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV504eQXBRQkcutkSFI4oTsLdCrdxyKCaExrhpwCxg9x3Y5pU-mQ

Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara

I used this swimming before and it's never failed me I sometimes have to use baby oil to get it off because it really stays in place. Have never noticed it clumpy either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Max Factor Masterpiece - I've been using it for several years now. Best high street mascara out there.

• Advertisement

Pocketfizz wrote: »

Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara

I used this swimming before and it's never failed me I sometimes have to use baby oil to get it off because it really stays in place. Have never noticed it clumpy either :D

OMG where did you get it. Im guessing america:( i always watch makeup vids on youtube and all the american girls use it and say its the bomb.
    And apparently maxfactor and covergirl are the same just different names? Is the masterpiece the same as lashblast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Am using Benefit Bad Gal big lash (think thats what its called) and find itreally good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Just PM'd you the website where I purchase it :D Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I used to use diorshow or diorshow blackout as it makes my lashes really big but i've just tried the new one with the revolving brush and its definitely my new addiction. My eyelashes look huge but and if i use it with their serum it looks like theres loads of lashes too. Every time i do both people ask if i'm wearing falsies! :D

I've tried loads of other brands both chemist and beauty hall brands but haven't found anything as good. If anyone knows of a cheaper version for the broke days i'd love to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

0731_Lancome_hypnose%20mascara.jpg

This is the best one I've ever used. I tried a different Hypnose mascara and liked it, but the sales girl talked me into trying this one (with the curvy tube) and I like it even more! It's dear but well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Chanel Inimitable Intense. It's pretty.. eh.. intense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I love the following: Lancôme Définicils, Lancôme Hypnôse, YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils and L'Oréal Paris Telescopic.

For going out I use the Lancôme Définicils and Lancôme Hypnôse, but for day I switch between YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils and L'Oréal Paris Telescopic.

For daytime I prefer the Telescopic as the YSL and Lancôme can give dramatic lashes (well most mascaras give me a dramatic look as I have long, thick black lashes). I find a coating of clear mascara before black mascara helps to down town the dramatic look a bit.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I used to LOVE Too Faced Lash Injection but I can't get it here anymore for some reason.. Nowhere seems to stock Too Faced anymore :(

But I found a Gosh one that's almost as good and it's only a tenner :) can't remember the name of it off the top of my head and my makeup bag is upstairs and I don't want to wake the baby getting it :p they don't have a huge range of mascaras though.. just one or 2 afaik..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

And apparently maxfactor and covergirl are the same just different names? Is the masterpiece the same as lashblast?

The photo above of the Covergirl is identical to a tube of Max Factor False lash Effect that I bought in Amsterdam last year. Based on that, I would say that they're the same.

I liked the Falsh Last Effect mascara, but I still went back to the Masterpiece mascara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I love the l'oreal millionize one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Has anyone tried the new maybelline mascara, i think its call One by One. Its in a pink tube, with blue writing.

Hey Ciara, I was using the One by One mascara for the past few weeks and I just can't take to it. I've been trying to find a really good, black dramatic looking mascara that still separates the lashes. One by One, imo, is nice for a light, natural look during the day and pretty much looks like you've had the lashes tinted.
    I love borjois volume glamour ultra care as its for sensitive eyes but I've also been asked on occasion was I wearing fake eyelashes! :)

RESULT! :)

This is exactly what I'm looking for in a mascara! Ha! Will look out for it in Boots today!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

I like Benefit mascara or lancome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

I like Diorshow. Just the most basic one. I don't know though, definitely not as *amazing* for me as others find it.

I loved Chanel Inimitable when I got a little tester version with another make-up purchase a couple of years ago, it was hands down the best mascara I'd ever come across. But when I bought the full-size version, it was definitely a different formula. Clump city!

I think YSL Faux-Cils gives a lovely, really natural lash effect, however my eyes' reactions to it proves I am severely allergic. The pain.

Lancome's range of mascaras are probably the ones I'd rate highest overall. Hypnose is my go-to at the moment, but, it dries out disgracefully quickly. I bought some about 2 months ago and it has been in bits for about 6 weeks. Broke, but need a new mascara. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MinkyMoon

I have long eyelashes, theyre just blond at the end. If you dont mind me asking, how much do most places charge for eyelash tinting?

Hi Ciara
    I'm also new here! Have been reading this forum for a while now but havnt posted! I would say tinting your eyelashes would be brilliant for you considering you said they were quite long and blond at the ends, the dye would get straight to the ends so would make them look so much longer :D
    I would recommend maybe the blue/black colour as it's a bit deeper than the black. I think they cost around 13 to 17 depending on where you go.
    Hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 firedancered

I always go back to Lancome Hypnose Drama. I used to use the original Hypnose, and loved it until I tried the Drama one. It makes your lashes huge:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starling.

+1 on the Lancome Hypnose mascara, it is absolutely amazing.
    Unfortunately I can't afford it :( But I'm using Gosh's Amazing Length 'n' Build and it's really really good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Another plug for Lancome Hypnose! Must keep and eye on it and see if it dries out quickly though, as mentioned above....

MinkyMoon wrote: »
    Hi Ciara
    I'm also new here! Have been reading this forum for a while now but havnt posted! I would say tinting your eyelashes would be brilliant for you considering you said they were quite long and blond at the ends, the dye would get straight to the ends so would make them look so much longer :D
    I would recommend maybe the blue/black colour as it's a bit deeper than the black. I think they cost around 13 to 17 depending on where you go.
    Hope this helps!!

Thanks minkymoon! Definetly going to get them tinted the end of june before my holidays!

And thanks everyone else too!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils is the best i've used, very good for volume and doesn't clump at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

Dior Show. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Miss F.

Chanel's inimitable intense. changed to this a while back and it's def the best i've ever used. thickens, lenghtens, and not at all clumpy. great for every day use.
    love it!

Advertisement