Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimple Piercings.

Options
  • 24-02-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Sooooo I'm very interested in getting dimple piercings and was hoping for some first hand experiences of them?

Pain, healing time, swelling, etc.
    I know everyone is different and all but ya know!

Oh and what is the average price to expect for them? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

very very very awkward to heal usually a year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep, they're a bitch to heal and can just swell up without warning. Also they can leave behind permanent dimples/scars after you take them out so do have a good think about it beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The permanent dimples/scars are part of the attraction really! :P
    Surprise swelling though, uch. Hmm, will have to have a good long chat with my piercer so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

The permanent dimples/scars are part of the attraction really! :P
    Surprise swelling though, uch. Hmm, will have to have a good long chat with my piercer so.

They don't always leave a girly little dimple. they can leave a crater, and/or lump of scarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Is the crater/lump of scarring down to luck of the draw, placement or anything?
    Can it be avoided basically. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Been away for a bit so I've only just read this one. One of the biggest problems with Dimple Piercing is the location of the saliva glands. These wonderful little things run down the inside of your cheeks and keep you mouth moist. If you puncture these, then the result is saliva that should run down the inside of your cheeks, now runs down their outside.What makes the little buggers realy annoying is the fact that we don't know where they are. Their exact location varies from person to person and from cheek to cheek. If you so much as clip one of these then your piercing will pretty much never heal. Even Elayne Angel was forced to remove hers due to this very same problem.
    If you decide to get them done, don't mention any of the above to your piercer, wait for them to say it to you. If they don't, then walk away. If they're not aware that a problem like this may arise,(and a lot of piercers aren't) then they are not experienced enough to take on the piercing. A good piercer should alert you to the potential problems just as much as they will instruct you on good after care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jan8976

Hi I was just look-in too get my back dimple pierced and I wanted too no does anyone no if they do it in cork or close too cork thanks! And how long can they stay in?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

First of all, this thread was for facial dimple piercings, not back dimples.

Secondly, you're talking about microdermal surface anchors. If placed by a professional, they last indefinitely. Back dimples are not uncommon in the body mod world, so you would probably be fine. Having that said, like any surface piercing/anchor, individual circumstances like aftercare and the way your body reacts to them can affect how well or poorly they heal.

I have no idea of studios in Cork, unfortunately, but I'd recommend travelling to Dublin for something like that. If you pay less, you get less, as a general rule. Of course, if anyone knows a reputable studio in Cork that could handle these, then there's no need to travel :)

Advertisement