Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Wine box recommendations frorm NI

Options
  • 24-02-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Day tripping to Belfast next week and would like to buy a some red wine - 3L bag in box.

Any recommendations?
    I know some of the supermarkets do their own brand but I'm finding it difficult to source any info on them
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whelehanswines

Hi,

The best tip I can give re bag in the box is to steer towards New World producers as they tend to be more used to this type of container and are the masters of fruit expressive wines. Banrock Shiraz/Mataro 2009 (Mataro otherwise know as Mourvedre should be worth checking out).

Why not ask in store would it be possible to taste some of the offerings, you might start a wine tasting instore revolution as this type of product would be perfect for such an activity.

Advertisement