Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe to cut other phone?

• 24-02-2011 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,

We recently got Eircom bb but we have a problem in that we have another phone upstairs that doesn't have a socket, I know that all other phones in the house apart from the main phone need to be connected to the 1-port filter, however it is connected "directly" to the phoneline if that makes sense so I can't use the 1-port filter on it.

We have another phone downstairs that is connected to the two-port filter but as I said the other phone doesn't have a socket. I think the other phone upstairs is causing to much interference with the broadband as sometimes I can connect while other times I can't and when it does connect to the internet the connection lasts only for around a minute or so.

So basically is it "safe" to cut the upstairs phone, i.e. with a knife, or will I have to call round eircom to do it properly?

Thanks.

Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 37 dB /19 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 19 dB /14 dB

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Unless it is very old phone it should have a lead connected into it which you could unplug. Try that if possible and see if it improves things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Hi Dubs45,

Unfortunately not, I just checked again and theres no wire I can unplug. Is it safe to just cut the wire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Bump

Advertisement