Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Sparta Prague 6.00 KO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well Kuyt was man of the match for me no doubt but if it was based on production per minute on the pitch then Spearing would be mightily close to it. I watched him more than any other player after what was said by some when he came on and his positioning was excellent, he was good in possession too. Thats only the second time I seen him play for Liverpool this season and I've been impressed both times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Job done, that's about it.

Has the draw been made for the last 16 or is it to come yet?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ebbs wrote: »
    Worrying he's our back up striker.

I prefer to think of Kuyt as our back up striker.... then Soto.... then the announcer.... then Ngog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Headshot wrote: »
    who are pool against in the next round ?

Probably Poznan(?) - looking forward to that atmosphere!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

good result. im happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Very impressed with Joe Cole tonight, he kept on going, got tired at the end
    Ngog was hopeless again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I prefer to think of Kuyt as our back up striker.... then Soto.... then the announcer.... then Ngog

you forgot Reina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Phew....saved by Dirk the Deadly yet again in Europe. He's been a phenomenal player for us for some time now.

I think with Gerrard and Kelly on the pitch we'd have been a lot more comfortable. We were very static at times - those 2 are probably our 2 most dynamic players at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Headshot wrote: »
    who are pool against in the next round ?

Lech Poznan or Braga, I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus at least we were spared 30 more mins of this! :D

Kuyt drifted inside more during the second half (as Ming was drifting right) and looked much more comfortable. Wonder what the story with Kelly is esp with Agger now out of the next game (I suspect)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well Kuyt was man of the match for me no doubt but if it was based on production per minute on the pitch then Spearing would be mightily close to it. I watched him more than any other player after what was said by some when he came on and his positioning was excellent, he was good in possession too. Thats only the second time I seen him play for Liverpool this season and I've been impressed both times.

to be fair to him he's not a bad player and i'd have him ahead of Poulsen any day of the week.

It was just a bit frustrating to see a centre midfield change when our front 4 saw out the 90 minutes despite both N'gog and Cole having poor games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Lech Poznan or Braga, I think

The former being 1-0 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭baldbear

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Cole you useless useless man.

Thats exactly why I have no problem with N'Gog nicking the shot off him.

A bit harsh. He done okay from what i saw, worked hard even though he's not fit. Ngog missed alot tonight and had no reason to rob the ball off Cole when he did great work in setting himself up.

I love listening to Kuyt being interviewed. He comes across as very intelligent, always think the guy has a future in coaching after I hear him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Will Carroll be eligible for the later rounds of this competition out of curiosity? Do teams have the option of changing their registered squad after the January window?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Spearing made a big difference when he came on. He should be ahead of Poulsen in the pecking order. Kuyt was fantastic, got Liverpool through on his own. Meireles good, Kelly fantastic first half, Wilson better. Other than that a bit lacklustre. the team would be a lot better having Gerrard, Caroll, Suarez and even Johnson in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

K-9 wrote: »
    N'Gog had a right to take that, decent shot.

Lucas lucky.

Ah Cole.

That was Joe's chance, loads of space, and N'Gog decided to pass it back to the 'keeper.

N'Gog had absolutely NO right taking that from Cole. Effing schoolboy error and deserves a good slap for doing it too.

That was Joe's chance, loads of space, and N'Gog decided to pass it back to the 'keeper.

N'Gog had absolutely NO right taking that from Cole. Effing schoolboy error and deserves a good slap for doing it too.
    Well in fairness its what all good strikers do:D, problem is he is not a good finisher so I agree he should have left it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hoki wrote: »
    Will Carroll be eligible for the later rounds of this competition out of curiosity? Do teams have the option of changing their registered squad after the January window?

Yes.

Of course, Newcastle are not in Europe. I wish the man love for Kuyt would ease off, he was terrible in the first half, being a Duracel bunny is fine but a decent first touch goes further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I'm very surprised by a lot of Liverpool's "fans" hate of Joe Cole. Ridiculous really. Regardless of what he's getting paid, the guy hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet and I've a feeling he could be good for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

mike65 wrote: »
    Of course, Newcastle are not in Europe. I wish the man love for Kuyt would ease off, he was terrible in the first half, being a Duracel bunny is fine but a decent first touch goes further.

Ahhhh... c'mon, look at that smile

dirk-kuyt-as-superman-liverpool-fc-7737400-330-536.jpg

Thanks, i was sure it was Newcastle who are playing Barca next week, must be another team.

I meant was he signed in time to be declared for the latter stages, thought clubs had to submit a 25 man squad & thats that.

his first touch with his head isn't bad to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

For my huge dislike for ngog, I've stated over and over why I dont think he's any good but for a striker to see a loose ball like that in the box you can't blame him for taking that shot.

However he is useless so thank god carrol can play in Europe.

Apparently ngog is meant to be an excellent finisher in training. Obviously he does show something as he's in the team alot.

Shudda said that then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I'm very surprised by a lot of Liverpool's "fans" hate of Joe Cole. Ridiculous really. Regardless of what he's getting paid, the guy hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet and I've a feeling he could be good for us.

Some people seem to want him to fail with us.

He deserves a chance under the new management and I thought he played fairly well today. Bright first half. Faded in the 2nd. Even af the end, he's only back from injury, clearly not 100% and he was still running his legs off, might've had a goal if not for N'Gog and then went through on goal a few minutes later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Hes made 20 appearences in a Liverpool shirt. People were calling for Roys head a lot quicker than that. For a player on 80k a week, you'd want to be making a considerable impact.

If we could get any sort of fee for him, id happily let him go.
    Thanks, i was sure it was Newcastle who are playing Barca next week, must be another team.

I meant was he signed in time to be declared for the latter stages, thought clubs had to submit a 25 man squad & thats that.

Arsenal? :L

You can make 3 changes or something every round, and under 21s dont need to be registered or something along those lines.

joe123 wrote: »
    For my huge dislike for ngog, I've stated over and over why I dont think he's any good but for a striker to see a loose ball like that in the box you can't blame him for taking that shot.

However he is useless so thank god carrol can play in Europe.

Apparently ngog is meant to be an excellent finisher in training. Obviously he does show something as he's in the team alot.

He was woeful, but it's probably the first time the kid has come up against a thug like Repka, who seemed to take an instant personal dislike to him, for 180 minutes. And the referee punished N'Gog in the first leg for Repka's constantly bullying.

I still savour his finish against the Mancs at Anfield :)

Ebbs wrote: »
    Hes made 20 appearences in a Liverpool shirt. People were calling for Roys head a lot quicker than that. For a player on 80k a week, you'd want to be making a considerable impact.

We've all seen Cole do it at the top level before. Can't say the same about Roy.

• Advertisement

Some people seem to want him to fail with us.

He deserves a chance under the new management and I thought he played fairly well today. Bright first half. Faded in the 2nd. Even af the end, he's only back from injury, clearly not 100% and he was still running his legs off, might've had a goal if not for N'Gog and then went through on goal a few minutes later.

No one wants him to fail! If he plays well, creates problems for defences, creates goals, scores a few, we would be delighted I'm sure!
    The problem is he has been fairly shít in nearly every game he has played in. His touch is poor, he runs into defenders instead of around them, his crosses are crap, his shooting has deserted him but I would love for him to come good. He has till the end of the season IMO and then touch on if he has not improved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well in fairness its what all good strikers do:D, problem is he is not a good finisher so I agree he should have left it.

Not really, good strikers have awareness. N'Gog lacks a football brain.

Don't get me wrong though, I was praising the lad when he was scoring at the start of the season. But looking back, maybe that's because even he looked good in the side we were so poor.

Shudda said that then ;)

Its pretty obvious i didnt mean was he cup tied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Still in the pub fellas, any advance on 10-0? :mad:Must be some performace!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

On a side track.....that Kirsteen one with her texts makes 3e worth watching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thank **** I dont follow Liverpool anymore.

Shocking.

murpho999 wrote: »
    On a side track.....that Kirsteen one with her títs makes 3e worth watching!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Decent performance considering the injuries. Onward and upward.

Shocking.

THEN TOUCH ON !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Shocking.
    So you changed team then. Classy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I would like to see him get a chance..

But he is not worth the wages. Only way I would like him to stay is by signing a new contract with a much much lower wage packet. If not, sell him on and make ourselves some profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mister men wrote: »
    So you changed team then. Classy.

No such thing... hes probably never followed Liverpool in the first place

THEN TOUCH ON !!

Must be a terrible burden on your life to watch that ****e.

And YOU can't do anything to change it..........

It's like being in a horror movie.

= reading your tripe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Yakult wrote: »
    I would like to see him get a chance..

But he is not worth the wages. Only way I would like him to stay is by signing a new contract with a much much lower wage packet. If not, sell him on and make ourselves some profit.

If we'd paid Chelsea £5M for Joe Cole and put Cole on £65K per week, there'd feck all about his wages.

As he was a free transfer we paid Joe £5M (over four years) plus £65k per week salary. Works out exactly the same from Liverpool's perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So who is flavour of the month now?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

= reading your tripe

Just expressing my feelings.

If we'd paid Chelsea £5M for Joe Cole and put Cole on £65K per week, there'd feck all about his wages.

As he was a free transfer we paid Joe £5M (over four years) plus £65k per week salary. Works out exactly the same from Liverpool's perspective.

True, but if we sold him we would make an instant profit, and allow his wages to be spread elsewhere. The problem is his wages.

Just expressing my feelings.

So we are both agreed you should go away - fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shocking.

So anyone who 'used to support a team' losing all respect in my books.

So you supported Liverpool in the 80's, Utd & Blackburn and almost switched to Newcastle in the 90's.

And recently you've switched between Chelsea & Utd......GTFO!

• Advertisement
Advertisement