Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Sparta Prague 6.00 KO

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    True, but if we sold him we would make an instant profit, and allow his wages to be spread elsewhere. The problem is his wages.

The £5M is a sunk cost. That's owed to Joe by LFC, whether we sell him or keep him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The £5M is a sunk cost. That's owed to Joe by LFC, whether we sell him or keep him.
    but if someone buys him and pays him 40k, half of that cost will be gone (I presume we would still have to top it up), plus the fee we sell him for should mean we are in profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

murpho999 wrote: »
    So anyone who 'used to support a team' losing all respect in my books.

So you supported Liverpool in the 80's, Utd & Blackburn and almost switched to Newcastle in the 90's.

And recently you've switched between Chelsea & Utd......GTFO!

Arsenal fan.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thank **** I dont follow Liverpool anymore.

Shocking.

Ah yes, a classy fan who changes teams.
    Used to support Liverpool when I was younger.

Reason : Can't remember really. Probably picked it up at school. i remember my father buying a copy of a Liverpool vs Everton Cup game (4-4?) at a charity auction and that that cemented it.

But as I got older I got less interested and couple of things ended the love affair

1. I could put up with all the crap under Souness and Evans as at least there was a bit of flair but Gerard Houllier's football was so negative I didn't enjoy watching them anymore.

2. A visit to Anfield where I was unimpressed with the match day experience. Plus the City is a kip and the accent does my head in.

Just support Cork City now. Set in my ways at this stage.

Liverpool is a kip and you didn't like the accent?

Very ironic on two counts.

Must be a terrible burden on your life to watch that ****e.

And YOU can't do anything to change it..........

It's like being in a horror movie.

Again ironic.

Thank christ you don't support Liverpool tbh.

Arsenal fan.

But you said .....
    Just support Cork City now. Set in my ways at this stage.

Somebody appears to be talking complete horseshít :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    but if someone buys him and pays him 40k, half of that cost will be gone (I presume we would still have to top it up), plus the fee we sell him for should mean we are in profit.

Its no different to any other player.
    If we sell him we save his salary £65k per week, which is what a good number of the first team squad are on (obviously some are on more too).

But others are saying we save £90k per week, which we won't. We have to keep paying the £25k per week signing on fee no matter what (just like we'd have to pay the remainder of a £5M transfer fee to a club even if we'd sold the player prior to the final instalement being paid).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Its no different to any other player.
    If we sell him we save his salary £65k per week, which is what a good number of the first team squad are on (obviously some are on more too).

But others are saying we save £90k per week, which we won't. We have to keep paying the £25k per week signing on fee no matter what (just like we'd have to pay the remainder of a £5M transfer fee to a club even if we'd sold the player prior to the final instalement being paid).

true, but we'll have a year of his 25k paid, we'll save the balance of his wages ( be it 65k or close to it) and we should get a good price for him, which should negate the continue payments with ease leaving the balance of the fee we get for him as profit.
    Either way, I waould much prefer he gets his finger out and plays well enough for us to hold onto him, although his time is running out as Suarez/Gerrard/Carroll/Johnson will all come back thus limiting his appearences in the league.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    But you said .....

Somebody appears to be talking complete horseshít :cool:

Wow, you actually dug that up.:D

I don't support Arsenal but it was the team he left out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Wow, you actually dug that up.:D

I don't support Arsenal but it was the team he left out....
    Yes but Arsenal haven't won an awful lot on a consistent basis...SLOW.

Finical wrote: »
    Yes but Arsenal haven't won an awful lot on a consistent basis...SLOW.

Can you not let me vent my spleen without getting petty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Pool for 4th spot now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

So have any of the last 50 posts got anything to do with tonights game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

So have any of the last 50 posts got anything to do with tonights game?

I guess not, but this one is about the match ;)

I am delighted that Dirk Kuyt scored the deciding goal, he worked his socks off as usual :)

Hopefully Steven Gerrard will lift the cup in the Aviva...and hopefully the opponents are not from Glasgow, wearing blue jerseys :D

BERBA wrote: »
    Pool for 4th spot now

Different comp Berba :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Different comp Berba :D

Yep. but at least he mentioned Pool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I just finished watching the game. Had to record it on Plus.
    Poor enough game and poor enough performance imo.
    But at least we are through.
    Hopefully Carroll and Gerrard will be fit for the next round.
    A run in this competition needed i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Christian Poulsen performance Vs Sparta: Pass completion: 54% Tackles: 3 Shots: 0 Chances created: 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BERBA wrote: »
    Pool for 4th spot now

Talking b0ll0x again BERBA? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

tibor wrote: »
    Christian Poulsen performance Vs Sparta: Pass completion: 54% Tackles: 3 Shots: 0 Chances created: 0.

Pfft. You can prove anything with stats ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

101001 wrote: »
    you could see coles legs failing him there... unlucky

EDIT: Does Kuyt have a twitter... 3E just said he tweeted he misses the champions league?

This is his twit

Dirk_18_Kuyt Dirk Kuyt
    watching champions league!! it still hurts.......

Advertisement