Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on with Grand Canal?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've been wondering, what's the deal with the works on Grand Canal (in between Leeson Street and Portobello)? They've dredged it and are digging away merrily. I asked a guy working there was they were doing and he said they were laying a road. I don't think this is true...

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Nope, but whatever's going on they'll unintentionally make the canal worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Lahm wrote: »

Ah - nice one. I should Google harder in the future! :D

They're really doing the works. This has been going on for weeks now and there is some serious digging going on. You can tell it's needed though to see the crap on the bottom of the dredged portions of the canal that haven't been dug yet.

Cheers Lahm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It takes a lot of effort to dig up all those old shopping trolleys you know :D

good to see it happening, however I can't help but think its exactly the wrong time of year to be doing it, coming into spring disturbing all the breeding/nesting birds and misc animals. I would have thought late autumn or winter would have been ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

They're also laying a cycle track beside the old tow path along the canal while the dredging is going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The cycle path along the canal from Lucan to Inchicore is an absolutely brilliant amenity and good to see an extension.

Advertisement