Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is the music in some pubs niteclubs so LOUD FFS

Options
  • 24-02-2011 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Now i dont want to be going on like a party pooper but i was out last nite for RAG week with a few friends & we went into Scraggs for a few but i just had to leave after 20mins couldn't hear myself speak the place was jammers music was possibly the loudest iv ever heard (im 26yrs). .(i have been to my fair few Concerts)
    They use the same kind of speakers ud find in the O2 arena So when 1 puts speakers in a small area & cranks it up to probably 120 decibels if your head doesn't explode your ears will.
    I used to work with a DJ from London & he had fairly bad hearing problems at 34
    Is their any law in Ireland as to how loud a Public House can play music :rolleyes: ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It's called 'getting old'. Get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

They want you to shut up and drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

It's so the OAP's can hear - taking all them yokes affects their hearing sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

There's prolly a button on some of the equipment and highers and lowers the volume

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

$$The less you talk the more watered down beer you drink.$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I agree with you OP, i hate been in somewhere and you cant have a proper conversation with someone because the music is so loud :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

what did you say?????

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

You can report them for this, something about being over a certain number of decibles. Was in a club in cork one night and music so loud that it caused vibrations so bad the drinks were moving across the table:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

yes there are regulations... you can take the issue up with your county council...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You can report them for this, something about being over a certain number of decibles. Was in a club in cork one night and music so loud that it caused vibrations so bad the drinks were moving across the table:D

the vibrations would be bass levels more so then overall volume...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Wouldn't be so bad if the typical commercial club didn't spin such diabolic music from woeful soundsystems.

An onslaught of appalling chart ****e from suped-up Fisher Price cassette players is just an assault on my senses and sensibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

My Eardrums are still ringing . . . Yea i will bring it to the attention of the County Council because i feel so strong about this issue.
    Whether they will act on it is a different story,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

....but these go to eleven!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

fcukin indie sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Have to say one club i went to recently that seem to have it sorted is the Palace. It's loud where you want it to be ie. the dancefloor area, but if you want to chat with your mates you can go to the far end and it's quiet enough that you don't have to shout into each other ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Indie music is a load of broccolis.

Sit me down to Lyric FM anyday and I am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

It's loud so we can chat people up without actually making proper conversation.

'HI!'

'HI, WHATS YOUR NAME?'

'CABINTEELY'

'NO, WHAT'S YOUR NAME?'

'I THINK IT WAS YESTERDAY'

/Dance, kiss, drink, kiss, grope, casual sex in toilets.

This is one of the main reasons I don't go out much. My ears are very sensitive to background noise, I can barely work out two people talking at once or hearing someone over heavy traffic, let alone over loud music in a pub or club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Pub should have moderate music, not too loud so you cant have the craic with the lads. Bit of banter. Best way to get pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You getting old my friend? ya I get what you mean, just don't stand too close to the speakers/DJ. Just enjoy the music!? Maybe stay in the smoking area or bar for the night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

Welcome to the club its called getting old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Topper Harley01

Whatever about nightclubs, I don't get why pubs have DJ's-It usually kills the flow of conversation dead. I go to the pub to chat and have the craic, not listen to Rubberbandits twenty times in a row.

Someone fetch my pipe and werther's originals. I intend to write a cross letter to the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

give shootin a go without earplugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Or in my case /Dance, grope, slap, drug, van, duct tape, basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

It's loud so we can chat people up without actually making proper conversation.

'HI!'

'HI, WHATS YOUR NAME?'

'CABINTEELY'

'NO, WHAT'S YOUR NAME?'

'I THINK IT WAS YESTERDAY'

Ah yes, nothing beats the old nod your head, laugh and hope they just cracked a joke or you'll look like a right spa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Pace2008 wrote: »
    suped-up Fisher Price cassette players

hahahaha
    +1
    Indie music is a load of broccolis.

Sit me down to Lyric FM anyday and I am happy.

if Indie is broccoli, Lyric is cauliflower :mad:
    havin' said that, I love both! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I usually head straight to the smoking area.

The loudest thing there is usually me.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭doh777

So you will drink (spend) more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Topper Harley01

give shootin a go without earplugs

In a nightclub? It's a bit radical, don't you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Now i dont want to be going on like a party pooper but i was out last nite for RAG week with a few friends & we went into Scraggs for a few but i just had to leave after 20mins couldn't hear myself speak the place was jammers music was possibly the loudest iv ever heard (im 26yrs). .(i have been to my fair few Concerts)
    They use the same kind of speakers ud find in the O2 arena So when 1 puts speakers in a small area & cranks it up to probably 120 decibels if your head doesn't explode your ears will.
    I used to work with a DJ from London & he had fairly bad hearing problems at 34
    Is their any law in Ireland as to how loud a Public House can play music :rolleyes: ?

there's your problem...

Advertisement