Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bellybutton popping out?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

just wondering does everyone's belly button pop out in pregnancy? And when does that usually happen. Just wondering as i'm showing quite a bit and am 25wks :-) thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Everyone's pops out eventually during pregnancy. My innie became an outie about week 30 :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mine never did so bang goes that theory! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Mine didn't either and I didn't get stretch marks. I wonder if it's connected.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I dunno. I got stretchmark only low on my tummy during labour. It could be our red hair Grawns!

I've no stretchmarks (yet anyway) and 36 weeks completed, so it's not linked to them either. Then again, if there is one thing you can say about pregnancy it's that it seems to be different for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I dunno. I got stretchmark only low on my tummy during labour. It could be our red hair Grawns!

No, even though we have fabulous hair ( magical maybe ;)) it doesn't work for stretchmarks. I have a fabulous haired friend and her's are very bad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Mine popped out around week 23.. I had no stretchmarks at all till around week 37, then they started to branch outwards from my bellybutton even though I was lashing the vitamin E oil on night and morning..

I've none anywhere else except a few around my bellybutton..

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Mine never popped either- just stretched. No stretch marks on my tummy or boobs either, hope it will be the same this time round. Think it's lucky genes, as my mum never got them either...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hmm.. Wonder if mine wil pop out and say hello then. I started wondering as it sounds sore, doesnt it? I hope its not:-) as for stretch marks, i have none yet so fingers crossed i'l get through without them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm an innie and while it was forced out it didn't totally pop out. It was always worse at night time when my bump was bigger. Incredibly I've no stretch marks as I'd a huge bump from wk 23 or so. I moisturised everyday but I'm sure it's just luck. I fully expected stretch marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Mine never popped out either. I almost got away without strechmarks on my bump but one appeared just below my bellybutton in the last few days. I did get stretch marks on the side of my hips though, they don't bother me really as I already had some their from growing quickly from 12-14 (I'm 5 10").

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

My bb popped out enormously from very early on (but I was "showing" & wearing maternity clothes from week 12). I was tempted to put a plaster over the thing b/c it was clearly visable beneath my work clothes :D

That said, I have almost no stretch marks...maybe a slight one over one hip, but that's it. Got lucky I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

May sound silly, but does it hurt if it pops out??

Nope, not at all. In fact it just feels like a soft fleshy button & it could be pushed in & let back out with no feeling at all. I know I'm weird, but looking at it always made me laugh...it was really funny looking!

To comfort anyone, though, it completely returned to normal when the bump shrunk after the birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Winnie wrote: »
    May sound silly, but does it hurt if it pops out??

Another may sound silly...
    did the belly buttons that popped out pop out all of a sudden or kinda get pushed out over time?! :confused:
    And did those whos belly buttons pop... did you have deep belly buttons before? Mine is like there's no end to it! Wonder if that makes a difference?! :rolleyes:

Mine was pretty deep, as the skin on my stomach stretched and the bump under it grew it was gradually stretched flatter and then the pressure from under it pushed it to an outtie instead of it being an innie. Now I'm 41 weeks and the bump has continued to grow so it's stretched almost flat again.

Still no stretch marks, so I guess I might be one of the lucky ones.

My "normal" bb has always been weird...it's never really been an inny or an outie (but instead has kindof been both). When it popped (which happened gradually as the bump grew) it turned completely out so that it actually looked like a knob (but it was hollow inside). Really odd. And of course, then you start laughing & it, well, develops a personality all of its own.

I can't stress enough how much I was entertained by mine - it was completely harmless & wasn't at all uncomfortable (other than looking like I had a third nipple) :D

Advertisement