Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where a boxing gym is in ennis

• 24-02-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi ,,anyone know where a boxing club is in ennis i heard there is one in lifford house but i cant find the place--

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's in Chapel Lane, I don't think it's open every day, I think it's only open Monday and Wednesday evenings, I know a couple of the trainers there I can ask them if you want.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ianol89

Thanks a mill clareman for the help on this post and the moving house post. I couldnt find much information on boxing in ennis- im bad with street names what shop is beside chapel lane

I found it- its in the community centre in chapel lane.what do you think of the place clareman did u start boxing there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I went for one session a few years back. The coaches are sound, but two things to note -

First, it's a very young club age-wise. I fought for three years for my University, and when I went I had two mates with me who also used to boxed in school. We were the only people over 16 in the group, which is the main reason we only went once.

Second, a majority of the boys there are local travelers. That doesn't bother me, but some people have this whole thing about not fighting travelers or getting into clubs with travelers. Personally I think it is silly, but people in town noticed it and continually warned me about getting into a ring with a traveler (i.e. setting off a chain of events which could impact my life outside the ring). I was told of some other local townie who beat a traveler in the ring and now there is some huge feud between his family and every traveler in town, which got so bad many had to move abroad.

• Advertisement

Im nearly 22 would i get accepted,im more interested in training and fitness than competing,local travelers can be offputting but doesnt bother me

I'd recommend heading in there and talking to some of the trainers, I was talking to 1 of the trainers this morning (he owns a petrol station around town) and he said they always welcome new members

Thx again clareman. I live on the lifford road,its a handy 5 min walk to the community centre.ill call down there monday evening

Advertisement