Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can a person move house cheaply without a car

• 24-02-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi what is the best way to move house/flat cheaply with your own transport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

ianol89 wrote: »
    Hi what is the best way to move house/flat cheaply with your own transport

Have you figured out whether you have transport or not?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

How far are you moving? How much do you have to move? Do you have a deadline that you have to move by?

I would say getting someone with a van/car to help out, there's usually signs for people offering such services on most community notice boards

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ianol89

Not very user friendly lol.yes ive decided i have no transport.no car and no horse outside .taxis are expensive i moved across ennis town with the stuff i moved before in a taxi .that was a god idea .seven euro to move my stuff.
    now i have about ten boxes how can i move to cork or dublin with all this stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Roughly what size boxes? I'd imagine (besides getting someone with a car/van) that the train would be your best option

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ianol89

Clareman i think thats the best idea to look for notice boards for a man with a van i have a few big boxes of clothes and a couple of heavy electrical items like pcs and mini fridge.im thinking of moving in the summer.a man with a van would cost the same as a taxi but having the extra space for stuff in a van is worth investing deposits in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

PM sent.

Advertisement