Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sauce For Rice

Options
  • 24-02-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I have these greek chicken fillets im going to have for dinner and want to have rice with them. They have a marinade on them so just looking for something to give the rice a bit of flavor and make it a bit moist without taking away the flavour from the chicken. Any suggestions? The only sauce I ever make with rice is chicken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

m.j.w wrote: »
    I have these greek chicken fillets im going to have for dinner and want to have rice with them. They have a marinade on them so just looking for something to give the rice a bit of flavor and make it a bit moist without taking away the flavour from the chicken. Any suggestions? The only sauce I ever make with rice is chicken

Just cook the rice in some stock. Use 350g rice for 600ml liquid. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, put the lid on the pot and cook for ten mins. You could further flavour it with some spices - a tsp of cumin or paprika would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Also aadd in a tsp or two of tumeric, gives a nice yellow colour & flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

cheers lads, didnt think of cooking in in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭arknine

Greek Fillets - try some Greek Rice.

Finely chop some onions, and sautee in a pan. Add some garlic and the rice. Toast the rice in the oil for a minute or two. Add the juice of half a lemon and stir the rice till all coated in the lemon juice.

Add two tablespoons of tomato paste, and some chopped black olives.

Pour over a vegetable stock (enough stock to cover the rice plus an additional fingers width) and cover. Leave to simmer.

When almost all the water is gone. Remove from heat and leave lid on and let
    stand for about 20 mins - allowing the rice to steam further.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

You could stir in some spinach, crumble some feta, and drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil just before serving.

Advertisement