Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maternity cover job & OPFP

Options
  • 24-02-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi there,

Need informed answer to this please! Citizens Info seemed confused by my question..(and unhelpful :eek:)
    Currently receive OPFP, applied for my dream job (fingers crossed!) & really hope I get it!
    The pay is above the €425 pw allowed before OPFP is taken. Now if this were fulltime, permanent & I'm lucky enough to get it I'd say NO PROB, dream job here I come(even previously offered to work as volunteer).
    My problem: job is maternity cover; unlikely to be extended as its in area restricted by recruitment moratorium. If I get it = loose OPFP & when it ends = what? Re-apply? I really hope not as it was hell getting OPFP in the first place. (I couldnt/wouldnt seek maintenance from 'other parent' as pregnancy was result of rape & I didnt know where he was)

So.....is there some way to do it without having to re-apply as its clear that is only maternity cover?
    Would going on some BTWA work? Unsure how those schemes work...
    Any relevant info would be greatly appreciated.....
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Your earnings will be over 425 so your One Parent Family will stop straight away. When the job ends, you have to reapply unfortunately. They will still have your current file however, so just tell them the same story again, and you can go to CWO for assistance while you are waiting. You never know - the maternity cover could be extended if the lady takes unpaid leave. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

cee_jay wrote: »
    When the job ends, you have to reapply unfortunately. Do you know does the same apply if you are transferred to back to work allowance?
    The maternity cover could be extended if the lady takes unpaid leave. I hope....along with actually getting the job!! RE:Best of luck. cheers!

REALLY REALLY want this job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Back to Work Allowance is only for those going self employed and setting up their own business.
    Unfortunately, it is called the welfare trap for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

Oh well, will have to see how it goes, IF I get the job..!

Thanks for the informative reply though!:)

Advertisement