Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones 4 U

Options
  • 24-02-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What ones did you see, I'd say a good lot are locked and they also require top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's a very good price, they must be due to drop price here shortly, most people are opting for the Desire HD now as there both more or less the same price on bill pay.
    Depending on how much stock the networks have here we might see it at 299 or 299.99 depeniding on which network drops first.

The brown is there at the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

What ones did you see, I'd say a good lot are locked and they also require top up.

I see the carphone warehouse uk website advertise sim free phones, even the higher end ones!

I wonder are they available in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I used to work for one of the UK Networks retail stores.

Generally we found that F4U ("frauds for you") sold unbranded, unlocked handsets. Just ask specifically for one. They generally have phones in 'exclusive' colours, commonly pink or white, which are currently very fashionable.

The only thing to bear in mind with P4U is that they work very heavily on commission and will certainly want to get you on a contract. Just be firm, tell them the handset you want and that you want it unlocked. Should be fine and get a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

With PAYG they dont care where you live,you'l have no problem buying it,staff are very pushy tho,try make you go on bill pay....

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

It shouldn't be a problem at all. You don't need to have a UK address to buy the phone, although it might be handy to have your hotel address handy. The company I worked for did collect this data to register your account, although this was not actually necessary to process the transaction on our till. I know P4U use an integrated system for activations and the till, so might require a post code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i travel alot to the uk and the carphone warehouse always ask for an address so i just give my relations address
    most of the retailers will have sim free models in stock but may be expensive
    so you could consider a price of unlocking a phone along with the price paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

bd250110 wrote: »

The only thing to bear in mind with P4U is that they work very heavily on commission and will certainly want to get you on a contract. Just be firm, tell them the handset you want and that you want it unlocked. Should be fine and get a great deal!

Hmm...

I was in England and they wouldn't even give me the price of a phone SIM free. This would explain why

Advertisement