Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best way to consume alcohol if you don't drink?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭

There was an article in the newspapers yesterday about how drinking a little alcohol daily is good for the heart. Not sure if this is true but to be on the safe side maybe it might be a good idea to starting drinking a little on a daily basis? However as I don't drink the stuff and have no intention of starting is there an alternative? How about an Irish coffee? Or those chocolate liquors? Or the non-alcoholic drinks which are supposed to contain traces of alcohol? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Other than doing something completely stupid, you could bake a cake, make a pudding or ice cream and add the alcohol to that. Theres plenty of recipies out there that have some sort of alcohol in them

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Make a sherry trifle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Topper Harley01

You could try sniffing a barman's fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

hi, there. Canberry juice is good to your heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

a vodka enema?

or a whiskey IV drip?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Lasagna with Red wine(mix a drop in) tis nice. place in london i tried gave me the idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Hot toddy before bed? Would help you sleep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

vodka shot through your eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

You can buy a vaporizer and inhale vodka.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Mix a shot of alcohol with crystal meth and inject it directly into your scrotum. You'll feel fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

There's better things you can do for your heart. The whole point of being a non-drinker is not to consume alcohol. I recently became a vegetarian and I don't see much point in wasting money on meat substitutes, if I wanted meat I'd still be eating meat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

What newspaper did you read this in, out of curiosity?

If it was the Mail (sounds like their usual tripe)... I'd disregard it. This is the paper that has linked everything to cancer - if you were to follow their health advice you'd probably die of starvation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Drink some mouthwash :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Doing that, also buying those cider ice pops in Dunnes - 12 for €1!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Rescue Remedies, they have alcohol in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You can add wine to stock when cooking stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

the problem with cooking anything and adding alcohol is that alcohol has a much lower boiling point than water (about 70C i think) and so it will mostly evaporate. If you want to consume small amounts I'd say have a small glass of wine or one of those tiny french beers of an evening. I don't know if it will improve your health but it certainly won't kill you. Out of curiosity why be a 'non drinker' but consume alcohol in other ways?

Advertisement