Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthcert question?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi, Does anyone know if the fathers name can be added to a birthcert if the father is not present? (He's working in australia) Child is 4 if that makes any difference, He was in work the day i registered the birth and we just never got round to going back to have his name added.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Yes he can be added to the birthcert later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

http://www.groireland.ie/registering_a_birth.htm

Have a look at the above link, it should help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Thanks for the replies, I know he can be added just wasn't sure if he needed to be present for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

He needs to be present to sign the register, OR if you have a court order (for anything, maintenance etc) indicating that he is the father, you can apply to have his name put on the bc in that way (without him being present).

No court orders or anything, we're not seperated,

• Advertisement

Yes, I thought that, but I meant if their was even a court order giving him guardianship or similar. Anyway, you don't have court stuff so afaik, he will have to be present. Although perhaps they'll just accept his signature if you explain that he's abroad?

Give them a ring at the GRO - I found them very helpful recently as I'm in the process of putting his dads name on his BC via court order

http://www.groireland.ie/

Thanks, Been trying to get through to them all week seems they've givin up answering phones,

Try the B, D & m office in Dublin 2 so...

Civil Registration Office, Joyce House, 8/11 Lombard Street East, Dublin 2
    Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 9:30 - 4:30

Thanks will try them tomorrow, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

He needs to be there in person to sign

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think they might be married which makes it easier for her.

No not married, Was really hoping there would be a way to get it done without him having to be there, Trying to sort out sponsorship for us to go to oz and I think it may cause some problems if his names not on the cert.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

can definately be done with a ourt order,ask a solicitor

Advertisement