Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When do you start looking for creche and schools?

• 24-02-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope I am posting in the right place. Mods please move this post if you think it is better suited in another forum.

Our 1st baby is due in June. I would like to ask all of you experienced moms and dads, when do you start looking for creche and schools? Also, when do you usually have your baby christened? We are totally clueless.

I was told by my friend that I have to start looking for creche and schools now, or it may be too late when the little one is here:eek:. Is that true?

Many thanks for your help,
    NibNib

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Most schools won't take a "bump" on a waiting list. Contact the school you are interested in and check their policy,we have a policy of siblings first and then first come, first served, so we have children whose names are put down at birth.Some of the other local schools only take names the Spring before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

We put baby rylie's name down for creche when he was 3 weeks old! At the time there was a waiting list for kids so we wanted to be sure he went to this particular creche. I'm sure the situation is different now with so many people out of work, the creche is definitely quieter than it was 12 months ago.

I've put his name down for 2 national schools- neither of which are our local national school so I've no guarentee he'll get a place but we put his name down when he was 3 months old so fingers crossed he'll get a place in one of them!

I think you can have the christening anytime you like, we waited till baby rylie was 7 months old but that was simply because there were so many babies born in the area!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

As soon as you have a birth cert for school,creche once you decide on one.
    Don't forget pre school for the ecce year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I enrolled Elisha too school when she was 6 weeks old which was last May and got told it was very late and a lot of kids ahead. Its a Irish school so very big demand. I enrolled her in another small school i liked and hopefully she will get into one of them if not will just enrolled in school around the corner.

Not sure about creches maybe go have a look around the ones in your area now before the baby comes. I no in some places it can be hard to get a baby place as they can only have so many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Baby rooms in creches fill up really fast so start looking around and put the name down as soon as he/she is born.

Same with schools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Baby rooms in creches fill up really fast so start looking around and put the name down as soon as he/she is born.

Same with schools

bet they don't fill up as fast as they did in Ceaucescu's Romania...

Sadist parents.

Poster has been banned for this comment

Advertisement