If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40inch lcd

Options
  • 24-02-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭

was thinking about a samsung maybe! its mainly for ps3 gaming! was wondering what sort of deal you could do for me and delivered to athlone?
    and a price for a dvd player?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Morning Muddle84

I'll give you a few Philips TV options before the RS guys offer up Samsungs for you....

Have a look at this to start with -
    Its our 42PFL5405H
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/42pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a 42" screen size
    This TV has a 100Hz refresh rate with a 2ms response time.
    It also features our Pixel Plus HD image processing engine to help get the best from every source you have plugged into it.
    You have 3x HDMI, 1x SCART, VGA and USB inputs so plenty of space to
    grow your system

This TV gives you a GAME mode preset in the picture menu to taylor your TV to games consoles or you can choose the custom option and fine tune it to your liking.

We have this TV on display and in stock if you'd like to check it out.
    It sells instore for €699.99

We have another TV thats very similar in spec but uses LED Backlighting tech, its called the 40PFL5605H (this one is a 40" Screen size TV)

The LED backlighting give it a boost in image contrast - 500,000:1
    plus it now sips electricity from your wall - they are up to 40% more power efficient than regular LCD TV's of days gone by

Check it out here -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40pfl5605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This TV is also in stock and on display and has been reduced to €749.99

If you fancy checking out the full range of Philips TV's have a look at this link here -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/tvindex.htm
    We have all these TV's on display if you'd like to check em out instore.

The ideal DVD Player player to hook up to this TV would be the DVP3580
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/dvp3580_05_pss_eng.pdf
    This is a pretty cool little player with HDMI upscaling and a USB port on front for playback of various files from USB sticks

This is only €59.99
    We also have the DVP3520 that is basically the same spec wise but doesnt have the HDMI output. this player is only €39.99

Delivery by courier to Athlone would be €29.99 and is generally next day delivery

So I hope there is something there to temp you:)

Give me a buzz on 01 474 0788 if there is anything you'd like to chat about TV wise

Have a good one
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@stuartmchugh,

I appreciate that your post is well-intended, but please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - you can find it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, particularly the following:
    # If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Hi Muddle84

If you have your heart set on a Samsung give the lads in Richer Belfast a buzz on 0044 333 900 0070.

They will be able to give you afew options Samsung wise.

have a good Weekend
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

muddle84 wrote: »
    was thinking about a samsung maybe! its mainly for ps3 gaming! was wondering what sort of deal you could do for me and delivered to athlone?
    and a price for a dvd player?
    Thank you

Muddle,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

How about the Samsung 40LE550:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le40c550/sams-le40c550

Nice TV - £399.95/€479 and shipping would be £19.95?

(That's cheaper than most places in Dublin are selling the 40C530 at the moment!

On the DVD front - we have one Sammy DVD1080P8 left that I'll happily clear at £29.95 if bought with a TV?

If you did want the TV for gaming that Philips 42" that Ash offered you, the 42PFL5405 is actually a 100Hz Tv and would be F A R better than the Samsung 40" (which is 50Hz) for gaming - if you are interested in this drop me a line & I'll PM you a Boardie special price..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Hi lads thanks for the quotes. Apologies for not posting back here sooner!

Both units sounds very good.Especially the phillips but the price is just a little out of my budget, Would i notice the difference between the 50hz and 100hz?

Hi again Muddle

No worries, you had a few options there to look into:)

I'd say yes, you will notice a big difference in the stability of the image on a 100Hz TV over a regular 50Hz umit - less judder to motion etc.

I'll pm you a price on the 42PFL5405H that will hopefully tempt you.

Dont forget I do have the 42PFL5405H on display so you can see how good it is yourself if you are able to call into the shop.

Thanks for comg back to us

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.