Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do in this situation?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I was out last night, had a good night in the pub, then went to a nightclub and afterwords i went to a friends house for a bit of a party, and naturally enough there was a few people i didn't really know, although i knew who they were. We were all getting along fine and then one lad started singling me out calling me names etc. Next thing i knew he wanted to fight and of course i tried the old "i don't want any trouble" but he wasn't giving up and so he threw the slap so i said i would go instead of wrecking him and the house, so he followed me outside and threw the slap again, then another few people pushed us apart and that was that. I told him i'll get him when we're sober as i know who he is and where he usually and see if he still wants to fight then and i intend to do so, and not being a big man or anything but........well i am quite a big man and am well able to handle myself, while he is a skinny howaya type. The question is should i follow through with the original promise or not? "What would you do"?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid the Help Desk is only for posters experiencing problems with the site or for querying moderator decisions. Other posters can't reply to you here. However tbh I can't think of any forum on the site where you could post this. The nearest fit would be Personal Issues, but as you're asking whether violence would be a solution here and we ban people for advocating violence on PI, any thread you start there would be instantly locked. My suggestion, for what it's worth, ignore him, going looking for a fight is only going to cause more problems than it solves and could possibly land you with an assault conviction if the other guy decided to be an even bigger idiot and report you.

Advertisement