Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL interviews for undergrads

Options
  • 24-02-2011 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Want to do psychology or psychology & sociology & was just wondering what the interviews like for these courses. What kind of questions do you be asked. I brick it for interviews so if anyone knew a few qns so i could practice ans would be great! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Weeshie

Hi Michelle, there are no interviews for places on either of these two progs - so you've nothing to worry about! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Michelle_H

Cool thats a relief thanks for letting me know...all i have to worry about now is trying to write an amazing personal statement :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Weeshie, I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Mature student applications usually include an interview and that particular programme is very popular. So perhaps some mature students who have been through the process might be able to help??

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

Yup. Mature students have an interview process for these courses. Speaking as a mature student who went through the process; the interviews are usually 15 to 20 minutes long, you're interviewed by two or three people from the psychology department and be prepared to be asked very indepth questions about the area of psychology (or sociology if going for psych and soc). This is going to sound daft but may I reccomend Psychology for Dummies? Worked for my interview! Also, it helps if you know where you want to go after you do your psychology degree, it shows your thinking furhter ahead and so unlikely to drop out. But this only applies to mature students. Hope that helps!

ha great minds think alike i just finished reading psychology for dummies & i am just starting reading sociology for dummies, thanks for the info on the interview aswell! :)

• Advertisement

do you remember any of the questions you were asked in the interview I have my interview next week for psychology & sociology. Thanks :)

Advertisement