Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody get xbox live to work in Brookfield?

Options
  • 24-02-2011 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

It tells me I need to increase the mtu setting for the internet connection. [Internet connection here is via a LAN, so the config is inaccessible].

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

You simply won't get the speed in brookfield to play any kind of online game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Would it work in Kilmurry Village or one of those places?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

As far as I know you need to perform some sort of 'get around' the proxy but I'm sure you can, campus speeds are amazing if you can just get the connection to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

If memory serves and we're talking 4 years ago here - the port you need is 8080.

DJCR wrote: »
    If memory serves and we're talking 4 years ago here - the port you need is 8080.

Any idea if the same would work for the playstation network?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Hey man friends of mine in plassy and Kilmurry(probs other places too)have got it to work by getting an extended cable running from their room into the living room/kitchen.

Seloth wrote: »
    Hey man friends of mine in plassy and Kilmurry(probs other places too)have got it to work by getting an extended cable running from their room into the living room/kitchen.

Nice one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

and this will work for the playstation network too ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

GV_NRG wrote: »
    and this will work for the playstation network too ya?

Don't think anyone knows? Only one thing for it, try it and then get back to us !!!

Please do if you have a chance and get back to me, i'm not a student here yet and was just wondering about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

It's an issue with the modem itself, so you'd need to do a quick google for the correct ports that you need opened, then hop on over to poftforwarding.com or one of those and open the ports.

DJCR wrote: »
    Don't think anyone knows? Only one thing for it, try it and then get back to us !!!
    Ciano35 wrote: »
    Please do if you have a chance and get back to me, i'm not a student here yet and was just wondering about it

haha im not either so ill leve ya know when i act get there!!! :P what village you staying in Ciano35?

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    It's an issue with the modem itself, so you'd need to do a quick google for the correct ports that you need opened, then hop on over to poftforwarding.com or one of those and open the ports.

sound man! :)

haha im not either so ill leve ya know when i act get there!!! :P what village you staying in Ciano35?

Kilmurry id say, what about you? :D

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Kilmurry id say, what about you? :D

plassey alll the way!! :P haha yera it dont matter where we stay, the craic will be mental! :D

plassey alll the way!! :P haha yera it dont matter where we stay, the craic will be mental! :D

Can't wait :D

Advertisement