Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good late bars

Options
  • 24-02-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

hi

can anyone recommend some good late bars to check out on saturday night? maybe in and around temple bar,into alternative/rock music...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Czech Inn is open til 3am and it's in Temple Bar (on Essex Street). I'm not sure about the music because it's a while since I've been there and I've never been in there composed enough to notice/remember what tunes they're playing. Sorry!

Way back in the day it was Isolde's Tower and I used to go there all the time. Was a nice indie spot. Ah memories...!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Oak downstairs at Thomas Reid's, think it's called Club Fear these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The Workman's Club opens late, is free in and normally plays decent music.

It's on the Quays just down from the Clarence Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

This might help
    Dublin late bars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Oh man was in there for the first time last week.. Good music and all but some seriously weird characters in there!!!! Loads of people wearing lens less glasses.. need i say anymore!!! Pints were muck!

Le circ on dame st..(Across from central bank) is a good spot.. loads of choice on tap.. some good bands usually!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Good music and all but some seriously weird characters in there!!!! Loads of people wearing lens less glasses.. need i say anymore!!!

That's the entertainment. Playing hipster bingo is great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I could be wrong but from what I've heard it's full of the "I'm cool because I don't conform" types these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

RMD wrote: »
    I could be wrong but from what I've heard it's full of the "I'm cool because I don't conform" types these days.

I'm not overly worried about who else is in a place as long as they don't bother me to be honest.

The crowd changes in there from night to night - there are some self-consciously hip types there alright so I suppose if what someone else is wearing annoys you then you might be best avoiding it.

As late bars go it beats the pants off places like 4 Dame Lane and the Turk's Head.

Advertisement