Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast in dublin

Options
  • 24-02-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I will be in Dublin in the morning and Im looking for recommendations for breakfast please. Areas i know would include the quays, o connell street, henry street, grafton street. So anywhere nearby those streets would be great. Somewhere with outside seating is a must, so that i can take a tea/coffee with me outside. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Metro fits what you are looking for.

Turn off Grafton st. on to Chatham st, go past Great Outdoors on your right, keep going, it's on the corner on your right.

Chairs outdoors, friendly service, good (maybe a bit generic) menu, good coffee and you can stay for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Lovin Spoon on North Frederick Street. Walk up O'Connell Street (in the oposite direction to the river) past the Parnell Monument (the statue by the Ambassador), up past the Gate Theatre and it'll be on your right hand side. It's only a 5 minute walk and totally worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Has to be Kylemore Café.

You know where it is?

Just at the corner of North Earl/O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Kaffe Moka just up from Metro Cafe does a very good breakfast, I'd highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Thanks a million. I'll be going into town shortly for breakfast so will try either one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Cool. Let us know what you thought of Kylemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I know I'm too late, but hope you enjoyed the breakfast, my favourite meal.

I would have recommended Kingfisher, at the corner of Parnell St./Parnell Square, beside Tescos.

I'm always on the lookout for good breakfast places.

Does anyone know of any non-Irish Breakfast places (no sausages & rashers) just to be different?

Not necessarily vegetarian, more along the lines of an American breakfast? Pancakes and such? In one of the diners in New York they do lovely blueberry pancakes, but I've never been able to find such food here. Now, there is an employment/business opportunity for someone!

I heard there was a place out in Clontarf but I'm not too sure where it is.

If you know anywhere, preferably in Dublin city centre, or nearby, please let us know.

I would have said bewleys, amazing pancakes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks bluewolf, might have a look there tomorrow.

From extensive research :):), here are some of my favourite breakfast places:

Odessa
    Kingfisher
    Metro Café
    Casa Nostra (Marlborough St)
    Queen of Tarts
    Elephant & Castle

For panckes/crepes at any time of the day, I usually try Lemon or Lemon Jelly. I often popped in there whenever visiting Waterstones in Dawson St....how sad!

I found out on another thread where the Clontarf places are:

Clontarf:
    Moloughneys
    Bay Restaurant

Advertisement