Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dialer/Sms/Contacts replacement apps

• 24-02-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Im a big fan of personalising my phone layout and themes, I have the x10 and Im not very fond of the SE dialer, sms or contacts stock menus. Was doing a lot of searching but cant seem to find exactly what Im looking for, basically an app that takes care of dialing and text messages, that is possibly customisable aswel, at least changing background colour, cos Im really not liking that blue menu. Anyway Ive installed loads of the separate dialer replacement, and sms replacement but cant find one with the both of them together. I guess Im being too picky? :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I really don't see the point in combining them into a single app. They all work together:
    • From the Contacts app, you have the option to text or dial a contact.
    • From the SMS app you can long press on a message and view the contact info or dial them directly.
    • From the Dialler app you can filter the list of contacts by typing a name/number and you can even long press on a contact and send an SMS.
    They're integrated so well that you'd barely realise they're separate apps. And furthermore, when choosing to, say, text from the dialler app, it will launch the default SMS app which the user can set. By having the apps separate you have more control over each one and install replacements as you wish.

Say if they were all in a single app, what would you expect to see? Perhaps a tab for each function. I'd find that cluttered and annoying. Not to mention completely unnecessary considering you already have access to each function through long presses and menus etc.

That said, my experience is with HTC Sense so maybe the SE apps are really badly integrated. I'd say choose your favourite dialler alongside your favourite SMS app, or create your own ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

Thanks, I think they are pretty well intergrated, the phone app has dialer, call log, contacts and favourites tabs along the bottom, but personally I would love to exchange the favourites tab for maybe a sms inbox/conversations tab. And be able to change themes/colours. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

Advertisement