Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House party

Options
  • 24-02-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys, I've decided to bite the bullet& hold a St Patricks' Day house party. Going to say to guests to b.y.o single friends!
    Questions: living in an apartment complex, know one guy who lives upstairs, otherwise noone. To invite people from other apartments? And if yes, how?
    Also, any tips as to do's and don't's to make for a good party?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from PI :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

1. Don't say "BYO single friends!". It'll just look like you want people to show up so you can eye one up. A simple "Bring your friends!" will do. B.Y.O.B is probably a better addition.
    2. Wanna invite other people in the surrounding apartments? "*knock knock* Hey there! I'm so and so living in flat whatever, just letting ye know I'm holding a bit if a a party for Paddy's day if yer around. Hope to see ya there and bring your friends!"
    3. Hide anything you hold near and dear. Breakages can occur at any time.
    4. Check the situation with holding parties for your complex, been kicked out of many a flat myself when they're broken up. You dont wanna be getting fined without realising you were doing something wrong. That being said, it'll be a cold hearted person that tells an irish person and their friends to break up the party on Paddy's day.
    5. Have food, and some drink just in case.
    6. Ask the guy upstairs, if you're good friends with him, can ye split the party between the two flats? Have done it before and it worked out well.
    7. Might sound a grouch, but DONT let people just crash on the floor or wherever when it comes to Paddy's day. If it was any other house party at night, then yeah. But people tend to go overboard on Paddy's day and your apartment will look like a bomb hit in by that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks, won't prefice the invite by putting too much emphasis "single"!
    ALL current pals are in couples/engaged/married however, so unless I make some noise about bringing eligible people, it's going to be a party involving me being the only 3rd wheel!?
    So, knocking on a few appt doors to invite randomers would be fairly ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

No need to even make noise about it, not everyone is gonna show up with just their other half. You'll have plenty of people! Knocking on a few doors should be grand yeah.

Advertisement