Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanning Places For Men?

• 24-02-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm an amateur bodybuilder and I've started getting stretch marks from growing.

I've been recommended to use tanning beds to reduce the marks and I'm wondering is there any places for men?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Any tanning places I used to use (before I got sense) had a few men using them too. Try tan 2 tan in Raheen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

neo2010 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm an amateur bodybuilder and I've started getting stretch marks from growing.

I've been recommended to use tanning beds to reduce the marks and I'm wondering is there any places for men?

A friend of mine highly recommends Bio-Oil for scars and stretch-marks. I've seen it on sale in Boots and Super-Drug, but you'd probably be able to buy it in any decent chemist/pharmacy. Not sure which brand name to go for, but it should work out cheaper to buy a bottle than to pay for a series of tanning sessions.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

+1 on the Bio-oil, I scalded my leg a few years ago, it left a very angry, noticeable scar. Bio-oil helped to fade it, it's barely visible now except for a little dip where the tissue was damaged permanently.
    AFAIK tanning will not eliminiate the stretch marks but merely disguise them as the colour becomes less visible than it would be against paler skin, however when the tan fades, the marks will still be ther, just silvery-looking.. Attractive!
    Bio-oil is nice as an all over moisturiser every now and again as well, if your skin is very dry. It's about €12 a bottle but a little goes a long way, it'll last you ages, so as IO said, much better value for money than tanning.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Hey thanks for the advice,

I've actually gotten bio oil and it does work.

I'd be looking to do tanning maybe 3 or 4 times at most, using bio oil as well.

That should do the trick.

Anybody know the cheapest rates in town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Would spray tanning not work?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Tanning leads to an increase in vitamin D. Which leads to increased protein synthesis. Which leads to being more jacked. Which means more stretch marks.

Whoever told you that obviously doens't know what they're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

i used sunbeds years ago and the only difference i noticed was my stretchmarks were more pronounced as the skin around they tanned while they stayed white making them even more obvious maybe a make up tan like sally hansen for legs would work usually hides them well

Advertisement