Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

job seekers allowance

• 24-02-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi im just wondering if anyone can help me out here. I was working full time but then they cut my hours and put me on part-time work and then they let me go. the thing i wanna know is how long do i have to wait b4 i get any money from the dole as im going in to my 10th week any help wud be greatful thanks:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You should go to the Community Welfare Officer at your local health office (HSE) and apply for Supplementary Welfare Allowance to tide you over until your Social Welfare money comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 plouto

ok thank you for that imfo i hope i wont be waiting too long more for my money but thanks again for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rusty_ie2004

You should have got it with in a week thats all it took me to get it i when in on the monday and it was in the post office the week after for me so i be going back in to them and asking them where is it and what is taking it so long to come through. I know people who have had trouble and you just have to sit there and not leave till you get the answers to your questions!!

hi ok thanks for that i was working pt and signing on to make up my hours do they send you out a cheque for that . thats what i was told a cheque wud be sent out to my house but iv seen notting yet plus aint they suppose to tell you if there is money in the post office 4you iv heard notting yet but thanks for reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You should have got it with in a week thats all it took me to get it i when in on the monday and it was in the post office the week after for me so i be going back in to them and asking them where is it and what is taking it so long to come through. I know people who have had trouble and you just have to sit there and not leave till you get the answers to your questions!!

rusty it depends on the office and what you are claiming - ie Jobseeker's benefit is a lot easier to pay as there is no means to be assessed.

OP look at the sticky at the top of the forum re waiting times - every office is different.
    If you have any questions about why your claim is taking so long you need to ask your office.

• Advertisement

hi thanks for the imfo guys i had to be means tested 3 weeks ago thing is ud think they wud get back to you and tell you if your going to get it or not im from cork city but thanks again guys for your imfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

plouto wrote: »
    hi thanks for the imfo guys i had to be means tested 3 weeks ago thing is ud think they wud get back to you and tell you if your going to get it or not im from cork city but thanks again guys for your imfo

Cork city office is a very busy area so it could take some time but it is good news that you have been means tested. As already advised go to your CWO in the meantime and apply for supplementary welfare allowance.

ok thanks for that eastbono

plouto wrote: »
    hi ok thanks for that i was working pt and signing on to make up my hours do they send you out a cheque for that . thats what i was told a cheque wud be sent out to my house but iv seen notting yet plus aint they suppose to tell you if there is money in the post office 4you iv heard notting yet but thanks for reply

If you are a casual worker a cheque will be sent out and you will have to send dockets in giving days worked. When your claim is sorted you should get a letter in the post or a cheque which should be backdated to date of claim

its bein ten weekes this week since i signed on but as of yet iv heard nor got any thing from the social welfare I was told 3 weeks ago that i would b getting payment shortly. this still has not arrived. because i was changed over from partime dole to full time would this cause a delay?

• Advertisement

It wouldnt have helped the situation as you had to be means tested when you made fully unemployed. I am presuming that when it is awarded that the money from part time claim will also be lodged to the post office as you will now be collecting from the post office and not receiving a cheque. Give them a buzz or call in and see how long more you will be waiting. In the meantime go to your cwo and apply for supplementary welfare allowance.

thank you eastbono for that cheers

Advertisement